GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kw Coilovers

handicapcarguy0306

So i have a 2019 GTI S currently have 18x8.5 Rotiform RSE wheels I am looking at KW V1 coilovers and i am looking for some feed back on weather they are a good for the money($1400).
Also this is probably going to be a stupid question but does the 2019 GTI S offer any damper at all on the stock suspension?

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
first, I own a golf sportwagen. the suspension is very similar to GTI (many parts are the same or are interchangeable). So take the following with a grain of salt;

Are you saying VW parts diagrams show no part number for your model year struts and shocks, or does KW simply not list 2019? Do you have DCC?

I would start with calling KW if that's your goal. Make sure you tell them whether or not you have DCC.

If you're wondering if you can simply replace shocks struts with oe, I'd be surprised if you couldn't. I would expect a vendor such as vwpartsvortex.com (they are a vw dealer as well) would show it.

Worse case, you can find the part numbers for the parts on your car. In the front, just park your car in the garage, turn the steering wheel close to full lock and now look inside the wheel well on both sides for a part sticker on the strut (both sides have the same part number, at least for non-dcc). Take a pic with your phone.

In the back, you may be able to see the part sticker by taking a phone video with your arm behind the wheel. Otherwise, take the wheel off and try.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So i have a 2019 GTI S currently have 18x8.5 Rotiform RSE wheels I am looking at KW V1 coilovers and i am looking for some feed back on weather they are a good for the money($1400).
Also this is probably going to be a stupid question but does the 2019 GTI S offer any damper at all on the stock suspension?
If you mean does VW offer an optional damper not to my knowledge. KW coilovers have a very good reputation.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I had them on a mk3 and they were pretty darn good. Most or pretty much all German made suspension is pretty good. I've run coilovers from KW, H&R, Weitec, and now Bilstein. They all worked pretty good for me...for a long time.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
I had their v1s on my mk7 gti. Great product. Terrible customer service and warranty though if something goes wrong.