GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kufatec footwell lights coding

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
Hogwash! The 2018s absolutely do support coding. There was a change in the coding structure starting with 2017, in which all long coding was moved into adaptation channels. So there's no more "long coding". But it's still all there in adaptation channels and works just fine.

Could it be that your VCDS interface needs updating to remain compatible with the newer BCMs? I know Ross-Tech has to issue updates, or upgrades, occasionally to maintain compatibility.

Who knows... I certainly don't. All I know is the coding that works for everybody with an early Mk7, doesn't work for my 2018. I'm just repeating what Uwe Ross posted in that linked thread. He's the kingpin of VCDS, so to me, his word is bond. There's gotta be additional settings in the "long coding", which according to you is now within Adaptations, cause something is missing.

As far as I know, VCDS interface is up to date, and I can access everything else in the 09 module, minus coding which sounds normal for Mk7.5's...

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
So here's the deal...

I had my buddy Kevinlan86 send me and adaptation map from his car (2015 GTI with LED footwell lights) and copied his settings exactly as shown below...

After all of this my footwell lights went dark....nothing, completely dead. So I reverted back to OP msmetis' settings and all worked as it did prior (everything works as it should, except the dimmer works off the cluster light dimmer, not the MIB slider).

Interestingly enough, Kevinlan86's settings are identical to IWMTom's, except Lasttyp 30, which are set for incandescent bulbs. I figured that was the issue, I was initially using IWMTom's setting for incandescent bulbs on my LEDs, but nope.

Then, I figured that perhaps it was a coding issue so I went to go into the coding side of the BCM and VCDS gave me this error message....

My car is a 2018 and according to Uwe Ross, "the latest BCM's in these cars no longer support coding at all".
https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?10959-Long-Coding-Help-on-BCM-(2017-Alltrack)

So it appears that Mk7.5 BCM's are quite different than the IWMTom's 2014 and Kevinlan86's 2015. This tells me that there is probably one or more more items in the adaptation settings that are probably different than your cars, which is causing my issues of your settings not working for me.

I may dig deeper into this or just live with it all functioning as is. Either way, it isn't all that bad the way it is. Until someone with a 2018---> confirms that those settings work as advertised on their car, this is what it is. If I do figure this all out, I will update the tread.

Thanks IWMTom, Kevinlan86, and southpawboston for your help trying to sort this out.

A most interesting read.

I'll be honest, I didn't spot your model year.

Are there any Mk7.5 cars with footwell lights from the factory? I'm not up to date on the current specs.

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
Is it possible that even though your BCM has the pin, it's not enabled/connected to anything?

Let me check ETKA - back in 10.

When I use OP msmetis' settings the lights work perfectly. Pin C72 is what powers these lights, regardless of who's settings you use.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
To my knowledge the following table shows the difference between a footwell fitted vehicle from the factory and one w/o.

It’s not only coding in Leuchte30 channel to get footwell lights to work.

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
You might want to check some more lines in your coding.

I tried implementing these additional settings over the weekend, but my VCDS MicroCAN cable does not have the ability to "modify adaptation channels that exceed 256 byte lengths". So I was unable to do so.

I'm not buying an updated VCDS cable just for this instance, as my confidence in its success is low. If I determine that OBDeleven is capable of this task, I may purchase that system and revisit this at a later date.

venigo

Passed Driver's Ed
I tried implementing these additional settings over the weekend, but my VCDS MicroCAN cable does not have the ability to "modify adaptation channels that exceed 256 byte lengths". So I was unable to do so.

I'm not buying an updated VCDS cable just for this instance, as my confidence in its success is low. If I determine that OBDeleven is capable of this task, I may purchase that system and revisit this at a later date.

Any update maybe on your coding? I have also retrofitted footwell lights to a mk 7.5. Same issue over here, only control possible at the instrument lighting slider. I tried to change the heiligkeit channels, but also my vcds gives the 256 bit error (not updated interface). Does someone know if the OBD eleven interface support these bits?

I got them working to do the lichtfunction 30 a @ footwell. b @ dimm58xs (or xt) c @ interior lightning. But same problem as others, that when the footwells install activated the adjustment bar not working.

I am thing that some adapation maps maybe still are not correct to the mk 7.5?