GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kufatec footwell lights coding

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
You might want to check some more lines in your coding.

Last edited:

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I'm curious what will happen if you change:

Lichtfunktion B30 --> inactive
Dimmwert AB30 --> 100

I am thinking that having Lichtfunktion B30 as "Dimmung Klemme 58xs" (which is the dimmer control) is overriding the slider in the MIB interface. And by setting the Dimmwert to 17, you are restricting the dynamic range of the slider in the MIB interface (i.e., the brightest it will get with the slider maxed out it 17%).

Pure speculation on my part, but it's worth a shot.

msmetis

I'm curious what will happen if you change:

Lichtfunktion B30 --> inactive
Dimmwert AB30 --> 100

I am thinking that having Lichtfunktion B30 as "Dimmung Klemme 58xs" (which is the dimmer control) is overriding the slider in the MIB interface. And by setting the Dimmwert to 17, you are restricting the dynamic range of the slider in the MIB interface (i.e., the brightest it will get with the slider maxed out it 17%).

Pure speculation on my part, but it's worth a shot.

If I change B30 to inactive, lights stop working. As for 17% you are correct but everything above that is too bright for me during night.

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
If you are referring to the following....with those settings, the lights wouldn't even turn on for me.

Controller 09 - Central Electronics
16 - Security Access - enter 31347
10 - Adaptations

Go to
(8)-Interior light; light configuration-Fussraumbeleuchtung
Change value from ‘not installed’ to ‘installed’
(This puts the footwell light % setting in the infotainment system (under lights))

Still in Adaptations go to
(4)-Leuchte30FR LC72-Lichtfunktion A 30
Change this value from ‘not active’ to ‘Footwell light’ from the dropdown menu

Next go to
(1)-Leuchte30FR LC72-Lasttyp 30
Change this value from ‘not active’ to ‘18 – 2* 5W’

Next go to
(6)-Leuchte30FR LC72-Dimmwert AB 30
Change this value from ‘0’ to ‘89’ or whatever value you want up to 100 I guess (this is where we set the highest brightness level)

Source: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topi...omment-3792172

Ignore the coding, only do the adaptations; you'll get superfluous faults otherwise. This is the guide I followed to do mine and it all works flawlessly.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
If you are referring to the following....with those settings, the lights wouldn't even turn on for me.

Controller 09 - Central Electronics
16 - Security Access - enter 31347
10 - Adaptations

Go to
(8)-Interior light; light configuration-Fussraumbeleuchtung
Change value from ‘not installed’ to ‘installed’
(This puts the footwell light % setting in the infotainment system (under lights))

Still in Adaptations go to
(4)-Leuchte30FR LC72-Lichtfunktion A 30
Change this value from ‘not active’ to ‘Footwell light’ from the dropdown menu

Next go to
(1)-Leuchte30FR LC72-Lasttyp 30
Change this value from ‘not active’ to ‘18 – 2* 5W’

Next go to
(6)-Leuchte30FR LC72-Dimmwert AB 30
Change this value from ‘0’ to ‘89’ or whatever value you want up to 100 I guess (this is where we set the highest brightness level)

Source: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topi...omment-3792172

Ignore the coding, only do the adaptations; you'll get superfluous faults otherwise. This is the guide I followed to do mine and it all works flawlessly.

Then you've done something wrong; it's one of the easiest things to do on this car.

Either your wiring is wrong, or your lights are FUBAR.

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
Everything works EXACTLY as it should EXCEPT the lights dim with the cluster light dimmer, not the MIB interface slider. Basically the exact same thing as OP msmetis, who never reported back if his ever was sorted out.

Dude, I figured out MIB2 swaps on entry level 2018--> in the USA and have wired more engine swaps than I can count, I don't think hooking up one wire to a BCM plus a body ground is challenging. This is a coding issue, and the coding you provided simply doesn't work. The coding OP msmetis posted does work, minus the MIB dimmer.

Last edited:

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Everything works EXACTLY as it should EXCEPT the lights dim with the cluster light dimmer, not the MIB interface slider. Basically the exact same thing as OP msmetis, who never reported back if his ever was sorted out.

Dude, I figured out MIB2 swaps on entry level 2018--> in the USA and have wired more engine swaps than I can count, I don't think hooking up one wire to a BCM plus a body ground is challenging. This is a coding issue, and the coding you provided simply doesn't work. The coding OP msmetis does work, minus the dimmer.

Post an adaptation map of your BCM. Which pin did you use?

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
So here's the deal...

I had my buddy Kevinlan86 send me and adaptation map from his car (2015 GTI with LED footwell lights) and copied his settings exactly as shown below...

After all of this my footwell lights went dark....nothing, completely dead. So I reverted back to OP msmetis' settings and all worked as it did prior (everything works as it should, except the dimmer works off the cluster light dimmer, not the MIB slider).

Interestingly enough, Kevinlan86's settings are identical to IWMTom's, except Lasttyp 30, which are set for incandescent bulbs. I figured that was the issue, I was initially using IWMTom's setting for incandescent bulbs on my LEDs, but nope.

Then, I figured that perhaps it was a coding issue so I went to go into the coding side of the BCM and VCDS gave me this error message....

My car is a 2018 and according to Uwe Ross, "the latest BCM's in these cars no longer support coding at all".
https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?10959-Long-Coding-Help-on-BCM-(2017-Alltrack)

So it appears that Mk7.5 BCM's are quite different than the IWMTom's 2014 and Kevinlan86's 2015. This tells me that there is probably one or more more items in the adaptation settings that are probably different than your cars, which is causing my issues of your settings not working for me.

I may dig deeper into this or just live with it all functioning as is. Either way, it isn't all that bad the way it is. Until someone with a 2018---> confirms that those settings work as advertised on their car, this is what it is. If I do figure this all out, I will update the tread.

Thanks IWMTom, Kevinlan86, and southpawboston for your help trying to sort this out.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
So it appears that Mk7.5 BCM's are quite different than the IWMTom's 2014 and Kevinlan86's 2015. This tells me that there is probably one or more more items in the adaptation settings that are probably different than your cars, which is causing my issues of your settings not working for me.

I may dig deeper into this or just live with it all functioning as is. Either way, it isn't all that bad the way it is. Until someone with a 2018---> confirms that those settings work as advertised on their car, this is what it is. If I do figure this all out, I will update the tread.

Thanks IWMTom, Kevinlan86, and southpawboston for your help trying to sort this out.

Hogwash! The 2018s absolutely do support coding. There was a change in the coding structure starting with 2017, in which all long coding was moved into adaptation channels. So there's no more "long coding". But it's still all there in adaptation channels and works just fine.

Could it be that your VCDS interface needs updating to remain compatible with the newer BCMs? I know Ross-Tech has to issue updates, or upgrades, occasionally to maintain compatibility.