GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kufatec footwell lights coding

msmetis

Hello guys,

Does anyone have the correct coding for OEM footwell lights? I bought mine from Kucatec and their inatructions about coding are not good. I managed to code it to regulate it via instrument board brightness level but no luck with deditaced footwell brightness slider?

My MK7 is 8/2015.

Please help.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hello guys,

Does anyone have the correct coding for OEM footwell lights? I bought mine from Kucatec and their inatructions about coding are not good. I managed to code it to regulate it via instrument board brightness level but no luck with deditaced footwell brightness slider?

My MK7 is 8/2015.

Please help.

Controller 09 - Central Electronics
16 - Security Access - enter 31347
10 - Adaptations

Go to

(8)-Interior light; light configuration-Fussraumbeleuchtung
Change value from ‘not installed’ to ‘installed’
(This puts the footwell light % setting in the infotainment system (under lights))

Still in Adaptations go to

(4)-Leuchte30FR LC72-Lichtfunktion A 30
Change this value from ‘not active’ to ‘Footwell light’ from the dropdown menu

Next go to

(1)-Leuchte30FR LC72-Lasttyp 30
Change this value from ‘not active’ to ‘18 – 2* 5W’

Next go to

(6)-Leuchte30FR LC72-Dimmwert AB 30
Change this value from ‘0’ to ‘89’ or whatever value you want up to 100 I guess (this is where we set the highest brightness level)

Source: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/top...octy-iii/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-3792172

Ignore the coding, only do the adaptations; you'll get superfluous faults otherwise. This is the guide I followed to do mine and it all works flawlessly.

msmetis

Your suggested settings doesn’t work. Footwell light are not even turning on.

I’m attaching coding from OBD11 that does work for me but I can’t controll brightness trough MIB.

So help please.
Only when Lichtfunktion B30 is set to Dimmung Klemme 58xs my footwell lights are working.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie

I’m attaching coding from OBD11 that does work for me but I can’t controll brightness trough MIB.

So help please.
Only when Lichtfunktion B30 is set to Dimmung Klemme 58xs my footwell lights are working.

Which pin did you connect your harness to on the BCM...?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
I Retrofitted Footwells and my settings are just like yours, the only difference is
Dimmwert AB 30 is 100 and not 17.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion

So help please.

I think to get the Footwell brightness setting in the MIB, you need to also do the following:

Module 09 --> Adaptation --> Interior light, light configuration --> Fussraumbeleuchtung --> switch to "Installed"

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
The above is crucial. You can also do an output test of the footwell channel to see if the wiring/power is correct.

msmetis

I think to get the Footwell brightness setting in the MIB, you need to also do the following:

Module 09 --> Adaptation --> Interior light, light configuration --> Fussraumbeleuchtung --> switch to "Installed"

I have done that and I see that setting in my MIB but it isn’t reacting.