GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Koni Yellow settings

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
So after 3 weeks of driving on this set up I can confirm that 3/4 turn from full soft on the rear (stock springs) is a tad more stiff than I would prefer for daily driving. With that said though, I think it is totally livable for me as long as I like how it performs at track days (first one is 4/27).

I initially had the fronts at full soft but I experienced underdampened front end osculations at highway speed. I moved them to 1/2 turn from full soft and I have no complaints.

I have OE sports and even with those 3/4 on the rear was too much so I dialed it back to 1/2...I also dabbled with the full range on the front (because why not). Full soft was absolutely underdamped (sharpness). Interesting you found that on the stock springs too. 1/2 turn front and back feels right and no complaints at the track with those settings IMO. The car absorbs and settles back down quickly enough for a daily / track hybrid. Not saying to change before your track day. Just something to consider if it keeps bugging you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Putting these on this weekend. What's the consensus for the rear for daily/track duty?

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Putting these on this weekend. What's the consensus for the rear for daily/track duty?

It should be based on the spring but most of us seem to go 1/2 to 1 full turn from full soft for sport springs. I definitely wouldn’t full soft, that is for sure.

Worst case, you try something and you hate it. Couple extra hours of work and you are back on the road, with additional perspective.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion

I would also listen to everyone's advice and trim the bump stops a bit. I didn't and while its not an issue on good roads, my goodness if I hit a pothole does it feel like the earth exploded....

I'm on ED springs. I think my rear konis are set close to 3/4 from full soft and the fronts to 1/2 from full soft (would only go stiffer than this on a track).

Too lazy to pull them out and trim them right now and the car handles fantastic otherwise so may just deal with it until it really gets on my nerves lol

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion

Yeah its a bit of a crap shoot. You want to be somewhere between 1/2 to 3/4 turn from full soft rears (DEFINITELY not past 3/4). It's a personal choice for how you want your car to feel, but mine are not very compliant over medium to harsh bumps (3/4 from full soft, stock springs).

My gut says stick with 1/2 from full soft (also seems to be general consensus of the opinions I have read here). You still will have significantly improved dampers that you will love, and it will be more livable then at 3/4 from full soft. I've driven around Toronto a bunch, but I don't have an opinion of the roads in Canada. Are they generally good? With the drastic temperature changes, I have to guess they are pretty crumbly?

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Son1 just added these to his wagen. They ride great but he’s riding higher than before (he was on OEM struts with Pro-Kit springs) Any reason he’s higher after the install? Pre Koni Yellow install

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Son1 just added these to his wagen. They ride great but he’s riding higher than before (he was on OEM struts with Pro-Kit springs) Any reason he’s higher after the install? Pre Koni Yellow install
Is that Garden of the Gods?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
It’s the Arches State Park.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI

New parts that’s why. Give it some time to settle and get an alignment soon.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Did you get your shocks on last weekend!? Initial reactions?

Just did fronts now, half turn from full soft. So far like stock feel, I’ll get some more impressions soon. Intercooler went in last weekend and TTRS clutch this morning. Sensory overload.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Rears are in, pretty easy. Trimmed the lower part of the bump stop. I had no offset wrench or pass through socket so I just impacted the top nut on (I know, I know). 1/2 turn from full soft, feels nice but a bit stiff, might be the 25mm rear sway.

I did notice that the fronts bottom out easier than the OEM struts, I didn’t trim the bump stop on the fronts as they looked pretty short to begin with. It was nice to not have to use a spring compressor with the lowering springs.

CDM MK7

Ready to race!