GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Know this Corrado from TN??

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I do not, but as someone who has owned a Corrado G60 for 24 years, I will warn you they are an expensive addiction to own and maintain.
Everyone I’ve ever talked to has said that. I think if it was the VR6, the decision would be a little easier….

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Trust me...you don't want an auto Corrado. Old VW auto trans are absolute trash. I knew two people with auto trans VWs. One is a 92 Corrado VR6 and the other was a early 90's B4 Passat VR6. Both were incredibly slow. The car goes "what?" when you step on the gas.

The auto, crappy electricals, and the G60 is a triple threat of reliability issues.

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Trust me...you don't want an auto Corrado. Old VW auto trans are absolute trash. I knew two people with auto trans VWs. One is a 92 Corrado VR6 and the other was a early 90's B4 Passat VR6. Both were incredibly slow. The car goes "what?" when you step on the gas.

The auto, crappy electricals, and the G60 is a triple threat of reliability issues.
Yeah I think I was just trying convince myself because it was a Corrado I could afford

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I've been looking at old cars too lately; the GTI is a money pit of sorts, a 25 year old car can only be worse. I'm at a level in life when I can only afford one mistress, time and money wise. I haven't evolved to a level where I can take on a second, yet.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I've been looking at old cars too lately; the GTI is a money pit of sorts, a 25 year old car can only be worse. I'm at a level in life when I can only afford one mistress, time and money wise. I haven't evolved to a level where I can take on a second, yet.
Yeah same here. Only one crazy allowed here

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Yeah I think I was just trying convince myself because it was a Corrado I could afford

If it was a manual...I'd say go for it...but trust me on the auto...Its complete garbage.

The Corrado can be a complete money pit. I had one. The electricals are as bad as one can get with a car. The electrical grounds on the car are really bad.. The main harness connector behind the head has warped terminals. The plug on the coolant temp sensor melted. Plug that goes into the fan melted....and so on. The plastic coating on the main wire that runs to the fuseblock under the dash was melted off. I had to re-do a bunch of the grounds when I had mine.