GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Knocking noise when turning

JAV3

Passed Driver's Ed
Car was fine yesterday this morning (maybe cause it’s cold? About 16 degrees) I turned on my car let it sit warm up etc and I get a weird knocking noise as I turn out my drive way. For whatever reason I can upload the video from my iPhone but when I wiggly the steering wheels I can hear it when I’m stopped and then to the left I hear it. Any suggestions as to what it could be?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Car was fine yesterday this morning (maybe cause it’s cold? About 16 degrees) I turned on my car let it sit warm up etc and I get a weird knocking noise as I turn out my drive way. For whatever reason I can upload the video from my iPhone but when I wiggly the steering wheels I can hear it when I’m stopped and then to the left I hear it. Any suggestions as to what it could be?
Upload your video to YouTube then link it here.

JAV3

Passed Driver's Ed
Upper strut bearing would be the first place I looked if it sounds high.
I thought of that just very strange... didn’t really drive yesterday literally just moved it out of the drive way but I’ll be taking it somewhere hopefully Monday (Presidents’ Day might screw me)

JAV3

Passed Driver's Ed
I vote for the strut also.
So funny that you mention this I also figured strut as the day got warmer the noise disappeared... super strange but I’ll monitor it a little more throughout the week. It was around 12 degrees when I posted that video with the noise