GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KIA is doing it, come on VW!

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Wow, that is cool and unexpected! Does CarPlay connect via Bluetooth?

Brinker

Ready to race!
Would be a nice goodwill gesture for its customers and seeing as vw is in need of some positive press.perhaps someone should write the ceo and ask. Wouldn't affect me, I don't have navigation ��

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Word is that the MIB1 hardware won't support it. Wouldn't surprise me as that is one underpowered slug.

As for the pretty-much-useless performance monitor, I suspect that it will show up via a firmware update eventually - at least in MIB 2 cars. If it doesn't, it's hardly anything to get upset over.

euroadb

Go Kart Champion
Would be a nice goodwill gesture for its customers and seeing as vw is in need of some positive press.perhaps someone should write the ceo and ask. Wouldn't affect me, I don't have navigation ��

You don't need navigation to use Android Auto or CarPlay.

I wouldn't hold my breath for VW adding this feature for 2015 owners tbh

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Grass is always greener. I have this on my 2016, never use it. Always listen to music from SD card stuck in glovebox head unit. Won't work with 'droid 4.xx anyway, more tribble than its worth! ymmv

Boogy's GTI

Ready to race!
Coming from a 2015 GTI to a 2016 GTI I must say the difference in the MIB system is pretty drastic. Much smoother transitions from screen to screen, a lot more options, android auto or car play, usb instead of midi, etc... I have a build date of 03/16 and it has the performance monitor on it as well (pretty useless tho)

I am very pleased with the MIB II system compared to the MIB I

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Coming from a 2015 GTI to a 2016 GTI I must say the difference in the MIB system is pretty drastic. Much smoother transitions from screen to screen, a lot more options, android auto or car play, usb instead of midi, etc... I have a build date of 03/16 and it has the performance monitor on it as well (pretty useless tho)

I am very pleased with the MIB II system compared to the MIB I

Envious of your USB! That is really the only thing that drives me nuts about my MIB I. :mad:

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Word is that the MIB1 hardware won't support it. Wouldn't surprise me as that is one underpowered slug.

What I heard as well. Would be awesome if it could... If VW offers it though I'll be first in line...

Dan84

Ready to race!
That will be a nice have but knowing vw - that won't happen

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I think that in the VW case would be more of a hardware issue than software issue, and that will not be free or cheap. So ...

Sent from the Moon using Tapatalk