GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Keyless entry not working?

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
clean batt contacts on fob and I had 1x where it got fussy with batteries (even from diff packs) I have a vague memory of reading about synching fobs.....look in manual.

nice use of search!

Mud

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Use good fresh brand name batteries. Batteries do not have to be dead, just weak. and they won't work. Make sure you are using the right battery too.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
also look I think folks fit in a 2032? battery it's tight fit but lasts longer. Google VW Fob battery upgrade

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
also look I think folks fit in a 2032? battery it's tight fit but lasts longer. Google VW Fob battery upgrade
I couldn't get the 2032 battery to stay in place so I just replace the battery yearly and don't worry about it.

elwood1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2024 GTI SE DSG
It appears that the problem is the fob. I'll clean the contacts and try it again, but everything is working perfectly with the 2nd fob. Thanks, All.

dannyboi88

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3 8V
Hey everyone, So this morning my car keeps telling me keyless entry not registering. I thought my main key had a low battery after only having the car for 1 year. So I used my spare key and same thing, So I read up the thread here on the forum and haven't really found any good advice. Has anyone else ever experience this before??

Thanks in advance

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hey everyone, So this morning my car keeps telling me keyless entry not registering. I thought my main key had a low battery after only having the car for 1 year. So I used my spare key and same thing, So I read up the thread here on the forum and haven't really found any good advice. Has anyone else ever experience this before??

Thanks in advance
Try a new battery anyway.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
@dannyboi88; it’s not unusual for the key fob batteries to only last 12 months on keyless cars as the keys continue to ‘talk’ to the car when they’re not being used. That might explain why your spare key didn’t work either.

As @jimlloyd40 has suggested, replace the fob battery in both of your keys. Be aware that there are quite a lot of fake batteries on sale - especially on some of the on line auction sites, so always buy a good brand of battery from a reputable source.

Pleatia

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GMC, VW Wkendr, mk7
I have a harder time trying to lock the door with a touch. It requires a pretty good push to lock. I would not worry too much as with anything electronic you are going to have glitches. The main thing is the fob works. Keep screwing with a different approach and it may just start working.

dannyboi88

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3 8V
Turns out these cars have an antenna by the front bumper area that allows the key remote to have the keyless entry to work. Apparently, they go faulty on the cars.

I switched the batteries on both key fobs and still get the same thing, I disconnected the car battery for 30 min and the same result faulty device. re programed both keys to lock/unlock and no luck. so my last option will be to take it to the dealer for they can fix this issue. hopefully, it will still be covered under warranty.

dest1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
I haven't experienced the issue yet this year - then again, the weather hasn't been cold enough yet. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
Turns out these cars have an antenna by the front bumper area that allows the key remote to have the keyless entry to work. Apparently, they go faulty on the cars.

I switched the batteries on both key fobs and still get the same thing, I disconnected the car battery for 30 min and the same result faulty device. re programed both keys to lock/unlock and no luck. so my last option will be to take it to the dealer for they can fix this issue. hopefully, it will still be covered under warranty.

Was going to suggest this. Sounds like the KESSY antenna on the car side is going bad or has failed.