GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kev's GTI PP DSG

kevinm1

Ready to race!
Hi All,

Just a small update this time. My local dealer had 2 of the new passats on display at the weekend. They were lhd, on german plates and full spec. I noticed they had led door warning lights so it would be rude not to fit them :grin: I paid €20 ex vat each. This light will also fit mk5 and mk6 and any other car with the same shape dummy reflector in the door card. Note the LED light does not fit the front doors on 5 door Golfs as the door card is a different shape. You can make it fit but this involves chopping a lot of material off the plug.

LED light on the left and standard filement bulb light on the right.

Standard light below. Note how yellow it looks compared to the led light visible from under the wing mirror.

The led light has a little diffuser to spread the light evenly. There are 2 leds inside it.

And the light installed. Light output is similar to the regular bulb version but the light is better spread and more even. It's also a light whiter.

Last edited:

kevinm1

Ready to race!
How easy it is to install Kevin?

I am surprised you didn't go for the new TFT display :) :)

James

Hi James,

I had fitted the regular door warning lights previously so it was a 10 second swap.

The demo Passats had the TFT display and it was something else to look at! They were the 240bhp 2.0TDI's. The turbo was massive! The bonnet insulation had a big heat shield on it directly over the turbo and the air filter box and pipework makes the GTI setup look like a 1 litre!

James75

Go Kart Champion
I think the TFT displays will be the norm very quickly. I'd expect to see version on a facelifted 7 but most likely and almost certainly on the Golf 8. That 240bhp diesel will be interesting to say the least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kevinm1

Ready to race!

Spinstorm

Ready to race!
Traffic sign recognition?

How did you code that? And can we get that in the UK?

It is not an option but if we have the lane assist and discover pro like you how do you code it?