GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kessy and Driver Profiles

stefhelm

Car(s)
Alltrack
Hi!
I'm curious if anyone has thoughts on this.

I have two driver profiles in my 2019 Alltrack. Me and my wife. In my previous car, an Audi Allroad, the kessy handle touch would set the profile regardless of the car already being locked or unlocked. On the VW, it seems it will only set a profile if you unlock the car. Ie: if car is left unlocked by my wife and I open door and jump in, it will not set it to me. I don't suppose that function is buried somewhere and changeable?

The second part is my manual seems to suggest I should be able to see the profiles on the cluster display for a few seconds as startup, and change if desired. I can only change them on the touch screen display, and you have to go through a couple menus. Another feature I'm wondering if is enable-able is the profiles on the cluster. Sure seems like my car should do that anyways, based on manual, but dealer says it is not there on this trimline (execline w/ drive assist).

Really, all I'm looking to do is change profiles faster. Not that Critical. It would just be nice...

Thanks all!

Cytokine

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 LSG 6MT Golf R
There are driver profiles😳??? What gets adjusted. This an Alltrack thing, or have I missed this for years?
No profiles on my '17 R. Would love this feature.

cb1111

There are driver profiles😳??? What gets adjusted. This an Alltrack thing, or have I missed this for years?
No profiles on my '17 R. Would love this feature.
Those couple of inches of wood product in your glove box are not a wheel chock - they are your owner's manual and you'll see a section on driver profiles.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Driver profile selection/settings/menus are also controlled and/or made available through coding/adaptations. Obviously some of this coding is done on your car from factory but maybe some isn't.

Here's a video where a guy enables the personalization menu on the touchscreen and in the dash. Could compare the changes he made with what your car already has.

When I had the dealer replace my BCM they did not, initially, do the adaptations. I had several menus, including the driver profile selection, that did served no function in my Golf S.

stefhelm

Car(s)
Alltrack
Cuzoe - certainly looks like something in there could help. I'll have to do some comparison to what I have set now. I have the profiles on the touch screen like in the video. It's the part at 5:30 in vid that I don't have, and would like. I don't know my German well enough to have noticed if there was an obvious setting. Maybe the one check near the end in the instrument settings.

Cytokine - HVAC, radio, driver assist, driving mode are stored in profile. No mirror or seat memory is available.

stefhelm

Car(s)
Alltrack
Alright, OBDEleven, dashboard->long coding->personilasation and set to YES.

Then I have a welcome message at start-up as in the video.

Thanks Cuzoe for sharing the video. Got me to the right place!