GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Keep the Dealer Out with OBD II port lock

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Why would anyone need one?

SingleTrackMind

Passed Driver's Ed
Pcr, all cars have had event date recorded for years... Like since OBDII.
I work with accident reconstruction officers sometimes. They know what speed and throttle position. Granted most departments won't look until there is a fatality.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Pcr, all cars have had event date recorded for years... Like since OBDII.
I work with accident reconstruction officers sometimes. They know what speed and throttle position. Granted most departments won't look until there is a fatality.

I recently read that VW is one of the few manufacturers that don't record all this data.

SingleTrackMind

Passed Driver's Ed
If Vw can tell, so can the cops.
Dealer "you locked your obdii?"
Customer, "yeah, don't want you snooping around."
Dealer " well I can't receive your vehicle, so like... F off..."

briant97

Better than getting flagged for tune. I talked to my dealership. They are tune friendly. They just said tell us not to hook up and they won't. But the chance that a dumb tech forgets and does it anyway you could be flagged and have no warranty. This leaves no room for human error. Could be me forgetting to tell them or them forgetting to not hook it up.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
What's the best way to avoid being flagged for a tune? Flash back to stock before bringing the car in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

briant97

Yes take it back to apr dealer and have them flash the stock binary. I am not worried about recorded data more concerned with loosing warranty do to a tune.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Yes take it back to apr dealer and have them flash the stock binary. I am not worried about recorded data more concerned with loosing warranty do to a tune.

Is this 100% for certain? Because I want to chip my car and that's the only thing stopping me.

Also I would go with unitronic, assuming it's the same deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcr

Ready to race!
Doesn't sound right to me. Any recorded data is bound to be tamper-proof and not flashable, and this may include details of anything VW deem fit, like details and dates of any ecu changes. Yes, the ecu software may be flashed back to stock but I would guess there is a deeper level of info than that.