GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Keep it clean folks!

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
No tire spin, no other issues what-so-ever, just a smack in the ass ever so often. From my perspective, say accelerating full throttle in 2nd gear about to change to 3rd, there was a noticeable pause, then shift, then acceleration, just on full throttle shifts. It would be like this (if you were counting it out)...full throttle, pause 1000, shift, pause 1000, go. I thought you put it into the DSG program...the pause to remove torque for a clean shift and save component lifespan or something. Now it shifts quicker, like full throttle, shift, go. I drove it a couple times now and it just shifts like it should under full throttle.
Yea the pauses shouldn't be there. It does make me thing you were getting some tire spin and TCS was intervening. I'm not sure how else to explain the haldex service improving that feel.

-- Ed

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
tbh I am not sure but will definitely ask next time. When you refer to the 'apple sauce' do you mean what appears to be the haldex fluid almost turning into a jelly?
Yes, look at the pics in post #1 and the close up of the screen in my last pics, it looks like dirty apple sauce. I drove the car about 15 miles then worked on it in my 58-61* garage about a half hour after I got home and jacked up the car, so it's not like it's cold...weird. Anyone else see this?

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Yea the pauses shouldn't be there. It does make me thing you were getting some tire spin and TCS was intervening. I'm not sure how else to explain the haldex service improving that feel.

-- Ed
If it comes back I'll data log it for you, funny thing is it did it most of the summer on 245 Michelin 4s's and now it doesn't on my 225 Michelin Alpin PA4's.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
I’ve changed mine twice now at 20k and again at 44k and both times there was a little grit but fluid was relatively clean. South Florida climate it’s whole life. I don’t think it’s ever seen temps under 40.