GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Keep it clean folks!

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Had a little time on my hands so I did the Haldex fluid change at 18.5k miles instead of waiting until 20k, which was the plan.

Glad I did it, was about 50% blocked.

All better...

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Nice work!

Are you tuned or do you have any other mods or is this what it looks like after driving around stock?

I'm Unitronic Stage 2 tuned ECU/TCU since about 5000 miles...that said I drive it pretty gentle.:D I truly expected the filter to be pretty clean because I drive so conservative, and I'm glad I checked.

d1ngleberry

Passed Driver's Ed
I did mine last week at about 24k miles and the filter had much less crud than that. I probably could have made the regular 30k interval without any problems. 95% of my driving is to/from work and around town, so I'm not surprised.

Thurnis

Ready to race!
I had my fluids changed at 15k, At at 30k now, so I will be getting the filter cleaned along with fresh juices.

Currently Stage 2.. Dry Climate. Little/no rain.
Will report back soon.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
I had my fluids changed at 15k, At at 30k now, so I will be getting the filter cleaned along with fresh juices.

Currently Stage 2.. Dry Climate. Little/no rain.
Will report back soon.

Yes, please report back, I haven't seen any photos or info off a Golf R that is on it's second clean/refill. I want to see if it gets better over time (clutch pack break-in being a major contributor??), so my hope will be that it gets better over time all things considered, but who knows...

mk7gti2.0

Ready to race!
I have changed my haldex fluid 3 times now and I'm at 64k miles, all three times my filter was clean with no crud on it. First change was at 28k, second at 44k and theird at 61. I guess I have been lucky so far. I'm stage 1 5150 with Cobb tcu tune.

jsnmk7r

Hey GolfRRRR - what did you use(brake cleaner?) to get that so clean? I'm going to do mine soon as well as I just hit 20K. Thanks in advance!

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Hey GolfRRRR - what did you use(brake cleaner?) to get that so clean? I'm going to do mine soon as well as I just hit 20K. Thanks in advance!

Pulled it off (T10) and blew it out from the inside with brake cleaner. Good luck, have fun!

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
I have 19,100 miles on my 15’ S3 and am getting ready to do the fluid change and filter clean. Not a harsh driver or ever at the track but 4 year old fluid has to go soon.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
What are you guys using to fill the diff back up and what plug is the fill port?

Thurnis

Ready to race!
At 30k my filter was squeaky clean. Fluids were done at 15k also.

In a dry desert environment the 30k interval seems to be fine. I only launch occasionally. Next step for me is Haldex tune now that I know things are in good shape.