GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 install nearing completion

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
So, I installed a K04 last fall, and have been running it on Revo Stg 2 tune with stock HPFP and injectors. It still makes at least 30-40 hp over a K03 with same tune. Car has been running great. Finally upgrading fuel system.

Just installed upgraded fuel pump DIY stg1 upgrade from HPFP upgrade (the new guys http://hpfpupgrade.com/). Their DIY kit is super easy, they supply an assembled plunger assembly, so you just unbolt old, and bolt new in, takes about 30 min for the job. They also supply a new o-ring, and pressure regulator (one on top), so a complete kit. The car started, runs, and doesn't seem to be spewing gas anywhere unusual, so seems good so far.

Next week S3 injector install, then software. Likely doing Unitronic's K04 tune, although we also have shops who can do GIAC and APR locally.

So, after 4 years of Revo, will be moving on. The Revo tunes have been excellent though, not a bad thing to say about it all, and car always ran strong at the track, I just didn't want to install RS4 injectors if I didn't have to.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Make sure you flash back to stock VW tune before you flash another manufacture tune.
I'm not sure that this is necessary.

The tunes are for specific ECU codes, which the tunes don't alter. The new flash will be specific to that ECU code and completely overwrite the existing tune.

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion
So, I installed a K04 last fall, and have been running it on Revo Stg 2 tune with stock HPFP and injectors. It still makes at least 30-40 hp over a K03 with same tune. Car has been running great. Finally upgrading fuel system.

Just installed upgraded fuel pump DIY stg1 upgrade from HPFP upgrade (the new guys http://hpfpupgrade.com/). Their DIY kit is super easy, they supply an assembled plunger assembly, so you just unbolt old, and bolt new in, takes about 30 min for the job. They also supply a new o-ring, and pressure regulator (one on top), so a complete kit. The car started, runs, and doesn't seem to be spewing gas anywhere unusual, so seems good so far.

Next week S3 injector install, then software. Likely doing Unitronic's K04 tune, although we also have shops who can do GIAC and APR locally.

So, after 4 years of Revo, will be moving on. The Revo tunes have been excellent though, not a bad thing to say about it all, and car always ran strong at the track, I just didn't want to install RS4 injectors if I didn't have to.

Well revo changed the wording on their site so they no longer say they need rs4 injectors. I asked them about this, but there customer service sucks so they won't get back to me.

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
Well revo changed the wording on their site so they no longer say they need rs4 injectors. I asked them about this, but there customer service sucks so they won't get back to me.

That's interesting. If Revo supported using S3 injectors they'd keep me as a customer. I think they provide the best overall setup with the fine tuning the sps switch provides.

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion
That's interesting. If Revo supported using S3 injectors they'd keep me as a customer. I think they provide the best overall setup with the fine tuning the sps switch provides.

Maybe try their sales email I tried their tech email, they may answer the other one.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV

i thought revo also had an option for the guys that want to use the s3 injectors ....

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
i thought revo also had an option for the guys that want to use the s3 injectors ....

chris@revo has posted on more than one occasion that the USA market will not get support for K04/S3 injectors, which is still my understanding, but I'll drop them an email.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
chris@revo has posted on more than one occasion that the USA market will not get support for K04/S3 injectors, which is still my understanding, but I'll drop them an email.

that sucks ... did he tell you why? ...

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
I think it is due to the fact that S3 injectors are not available from Audi dealer parts departments in the US.

That was the original reason. They are available now, obviously.

Chris@revo stated they didn't want to introduce and have to support 2 sets of tunes for essentially the same setup. Not sure how it would raise any huge degree of difficulty for them to start supporting K04 with S3 injectors, would it be any different than just supporting a new ECU version, or car? In any case, they don't support S3 injectors now, so moving on.

Their site:

K04 turbo (S3, TTS, Ed30, Cupra)
Injectors; Please consult with your Revo support office or specific vehicle listing for your region for injector specification

This still means RS4 for USA, S3 for ROW

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion
That was the original reason. They are available now, obviously.

Chris@revo stated they didn't want to introduce and have to support 2 sets of tunes for essentially the same setup. Not sure how it would raise any huge degree of difficulty for them to start supporting K04 with S3 injectors, would it be any different than just supporting a new ECU version, or car? In any case, they don't support S3 injectors now, so moving on.

Their site:

K04 turbo (S3, TTS, Ed30, Cupra)
Injectors; Please consult with your Revo support office or specific vehicle listing for your region for injector specification

This still means RS4 for USA, S3 for ROW

Yeah but their site use to say RS4 for the US k04 setup. This leads me to think they will give you the same tune as the Euro setup now if you request it. Guess will see if they reply or not.