GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Justins MK7, My functional sport purpose oriented Spec

mk7JAS

Well this is exciting, had my car for 9 months. just was waiting till it was dialed in. some background on myself; Im a 19 year old Computer science major, the mk7 is my first car and Id like to think I have a pretty mature taste in terms of modifications. My whole goal with my build is functionality to have just an all around dialed in street toy... No camber or extremely flashy mods will be put on this build... sorry not sorry.

2015 MK7 GTI 6MT Reflex Silver.
Mod list (as of now):

Euro Short Shifter
ECS Solid Shifter bushings
Torque Solutions Dogbone Insert
VWR Lowering Springs
UroTuning Flush Kit (20mm Back 15mm Front)
ECS Heavy Duty Strut mounts (stay away from these)
RS7 spark plugs
Modified Stock Airbox
LED Reverse Lights
LED License Plate Lights
Side & Rear badges deleted

Last edited:

mk7JAS

First Day With The Mk7

1/11/19 My parents and I found this perfect reflex silver mk7 gti up in CT.. wasnt too fond of the color at first, lets just say... I love it now.

Attachments

• 1st day with the mk7.jpeg
    1st day with the mk7.jpeg
    527.3 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

mk7JAS

A Few More Pics, Still No mods

So at this point I've had the car for 2 or 3 months and I was loving every single bit of it. Still stock, but hey.. its clean haha. Heres a few pics I took during that time. Ft my dads Tesla, stay tuned on that we ended up modifying that as well haha
NO FRONT PLATE HOLES YESSSS
7827A121-F7DA-4761-BEE7-88AF1CBBF23F.JPG

96532DB8-84F2-46EF-9156-3E0ACB6B6EB8.JPG

mk7JAS

Fast forward a few months... were now in April and im turning 19.

So besides funds being a reason for not modding immediately ( I am a full-time student and I was only 18 at this time with No job) I was really just indecisive on what I wanted to do first... After months of research (yep, I'm that guy) I finally decided my first mods would be: The Euro Short Shifter with upgraded solid bushings, A dogbone mount insert and of course OBDeleven. Got all 3 of these as gifts from my parents and Girlfriend and I got myself the bushings. OH and I decided the GTI badges on the back and fenders needed to go. personally not a fan of in your face badging idk

Sorry for the bad photos, at the time I wasnt thinking about documenting everything by photo, totally regretting that right now.

Last edited:

mk7JAS

A break on the mods, enjoying the car though.

After the spacers I took a small break from buying parts, only a month or two lol. But during this time I was just enjoying the car and taking advantage of the nice weather. Went on tons of drives, lots of trips to the beach car meets/shows. washed it plenty of times too lmao. Took the car on its first road trip down to atco NJ for waterfest 25. Car did well almost reached 40 MPGs. 3 of us in the car with our bags ac on in 90 degree weather going 80-90. not too bad.

Last edited:

mk7JAS

So since the day I got the car I knew I wanted to make the car more of a drivers car hence the short shifter and dogbone and whatever . within my budget ofc. before getting the car I was doing tons of springs and rear sway bar research. like months. it took me 9 months to decide on a company. so while I was down at waterfest I stopped by the NGP booth and there they were, just the springs I was looking for. picked up a set of Racingline (VWR) springs.

58534527753__BDA258A0-3D3D-47DA-9339-1696F2F027FA.JPG

mk7JAS

The spring install

a few days after the trip I decided to put the springs on. went over to a friends house to do the job... what a shit show, so the passenger side backs spring takes us an hour and a half. we decided to do one side of the car at a time so we move to the front. this was the biggest pain in the ass. long story short I drove the car home and resumed on my own the next day. for some reason I had the other back spring done within 45 minutes on my own. used the jack to relieve some pressure on the sway bar end links. was waiting on a strut removal tool to come in the mail. I got it for like 3 bucks off of amazon. works great lmfao. my dad and I tag teamed the fronts and were able to finish the job in about 2 hours. its good to have the right tools smh. and a 2x4. I will post pics of the end result tm.