GOLFMKV

Just went apr stage 1 + dsg tune

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
You heard correctly.
Because you heard it also?

there are plenty variables to the idea of pops and bangs destroying cats... sure if you're going crazy sitting still in a parking lot making the car go crazy with revs sure you could get the cat overly hot... but if you're driving with wind flow cooling the cat that chance shrinks quite a bit, not to mention its reall about how the set up the pops and bags and also the location of your cat as to the level of heat it receives when the combustion happens while the exhaust valve is open to create the burble/pop/bang/overrun

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
YouTube search amg cla45. It’s probably the cheapest amg. But she moves well.

Ok I watched one. I would call it slightly louder crackles not bangs. Didn't hear anything close to gunshots which is what bangs sounds like.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Ok I watched one. I would call it slightly louder crackles not bangs. Didn't hear anything close to gunshots which is what bangs sounds like.
Oh no. Definitely never heard gun shot type pops and bangs. It’s louder than a veloster n but no where near as loud as pops and bangs from a tune on a gti

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Well considering there are many stock cars that do the burbles pops whatever there is clearly a right way and a wrong way to do it.