GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

just waiting for insurance... but new Golf R!

cb1111

my best friend is a cop and he's never been shot at. the 4 responding officers also stated that they have only seen innocents caught in cross fire a handful of times in their career. they never said if they were all okay or not, but I like to think that they are. I look at this as a 1 in a million event. But Alberta is just North Texas.
Why is the insurance causing issues? Road hazard is clearly covered under the comprehensive portion of your insurance - and this was undoubtedly road hazard/debris.

On a more serious note, get a lawyer involved and get a bit inventive - if the cops got one of the cars, go after that insurance company. If they got both, then go after both.

Focusing on that will get you better too.

My wife is a clinical medical support hypnotherapist and has had good luck with PTSD. Drop me a PM if you like and I'll ask her if she has a referral in your neck of the woods.

Wiredin

Ready to race!
Why is the insurance causing issues? Road hazard is clearly covered under the comprehensive portion of your insurance - and this was undoubtedly road hazard/debris.

On a more serious note, get a lawyer involved and get a bit inventive - if the cops got one of the cars, go after that insurance company. If they got both, then go after both.

Focusing on that will get you better too.

My wife is a clinical medical support hypnotherapist and has had good luck with PTSD. Drop me a PM if you like and I'll ask her if she has a referral in your neck of the woods.

glass is not covered under my policy for damage from flying objects. bullets are flying objects. - that was one quote

the one vehicle they recovered was a stolen rental. police will not release the names of the accused. because bad guys have rights too you know.

the repair was approved late yesterday, but they have to send out an adjuster... and then the body shop got shut down because a tech tested positive for covid. yay. calling my broker they are allowing me to trade the vehicle off before repairs are complete, they just want to 100% confirm that its not a total loss (spoiler alert, it wont be)

cb1111

glass is not covered under my policy for damage from flying objects. bullets are flying objects. - that was one quote

the one vehicle they recovered was a stolen rental. police will not release the names of the accused. because bad guys have rights too you know.

the repair was approved late yesterday, but they have to send out an adjuster... and then the body shop got shut down because a tech tested positive for covid. yay. calling my broker they are allowing me to trade the vehicle off before repairs are complete, they just want to 100% confirm that its not a total loss (spoiler alert, it wont be)
Stolen rentals are good. Rental companies have deep pockets. Were they negligent in securing the car (if stolen from them) or negligent in the people they rented it to (that allowed it to get stolen).

The bad guys have more rights than victims, but you don't want to go after them - you can't get blood from a turnip

Wiredin

Ready to race!

Wiredin

Ready to race!
The GLI.

Attachments

• PXL_20201109_055301895.jpg
    PXL_20201109_055301895.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 113
  • PXL_20201109_054909441.jpg
    PXL_20201109_054909441.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 112
  • PXL_20201109_054711636.jpg
    PXL_20201109_054711636.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 118
  • PXL_20201109_054707338.jpg
    PXL_20201109_054707338.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 119

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
good for you for living in CO. Crisp, clean mountain air, incredible sunsets, and cheap, incredible weed. I can’t wait till my company expands out there lol I will be the first to take a relocation package

I spent most my life in Colorado and have many great memories of hiking the backcountry, blizzards, severe thunderstorms, and Superbowl 32 at the Paramount on 16th street and then Larimer square after. Once weed was legalized the state began to go to crap and I got the hell out with my wife and kids. Went back to Estes Park, Denver, and Colorado Springs last summer to see family and it is worse.

Best decision I made to leave and raise my kids elsewhere and so sad that such a beautiful state is turning into Calirado. As many native Coloradans will say, get the hell out of Colorado and go home. Use to be a well kept secret but those days are gone.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I spent most my life in Colorado and have many great memories of hiking the backcountry, blizzards, severe thunderstorms, and Superbowl 32 at the Paramount on 16th street and then Larimer square after. Once weed was legalized the state began to go to crap and I got the hell out with my wife and kids. Went back to Estes Park, Denver, and Colorado Springs last summer to see family and it is worse.

Best decision I made to leave and raise my kids elsewhere and so sad that such a beautiful state is turning into Calirado. As many native Coloradans will say, get the hell out of Colorado and go home. Use to be a well kept secret but those days are gone.

You didn’t say anything about ~why~ you feel this way. Other than “calirado.” I can’t know what that feels like but objectively it’s an awesome place to live, sorry sharing that with young people from around the country ruined it for you.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Once weed was legalized the state began to go to crap and I got the hell out with my wife and kids.

I'll give grace since it is early morning for many.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Wasn’t very specific. But I get it.

I have derailed the conversation from topic, my appologies. One last point and I digress. On said trip to see family the amount of homlessness and habitual pot usage in public was mind blowing. I could not enjoy a drink at the bar with my wife and family without the wafting aroma of weed nor ride the elevator to my room or walk the hallways of the hotel with my kids without smelling the stink. This then led to the conversation about the smell, the drug itself and the impacts of its use. (An example of many)

Those reasons is why I left and sad to say a quick trip back home reaffirmed all of my reasons for leaving five years ago. And now they legalized mushrooms? Oh lawd!