GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

just waiting for insurance... but new Golf R!

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
Man the twists and turns in this thread are wild. I too am a big proponent, and for as much anxiety as it may cause in certain situations, it alleviates much more. It's saved my life in a lot of ways.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
my best friend is a cop and he's never been shot at. the 4 responding officers also stated that they have only seen innocents caught in cross fire a handful of times in their career. they never said if they were all okay or not, but I like to think that they are. I look at this as a 1 in a million event. But Alberta is just North Texas.
More like Chicago or Philadelphia.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
one last note... if you don't already, i suggest weed. you can get a medical script for some incredible shit with your diagnosis and you will never have any flashback nightmares, and the "background" anxiety that PTSD patients carry is a thing of the past when you're high.

it's the only thing in the world that helps with hangovers. Weed is the only thing that settles my stomach so i can actually eat food/drink water without puking it back up again. and it'll do it in <5 minutes, from the moment you take the first puff.

I love weed

Is that from living in West Philly?

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Congrats! I guess lol. I mean only because it was pretty shitty situation in order to get you here.
I bet you won't miss the sunroof.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Is that from living in West Philly?

What, liking weed? It’s the second most-commonly consumed mind altering substance in the world behind alcohol if you don’t include things like tobacco and caffeine, and it would be the number one if governments didn’t make it illegal. I’m also from the suburbs. Nearly Everyone of my friends like weed, my parents who are in their 60’s smoke weed. It just makes you feel good without having essentially any negative consequences besides being a little thirsty lol

Wiredin

Ready to race!
Congrats! I guess lol. I mean only because it was pretty shitty situation in order to get you here.
I bet you won't miss the sunroof.

With the 2019 GLI I didn't miss it already.... I could rarely use it! Highway speeds if you have it vented it whistled like a bastard and the wide open anything over 40kph it was so loud you couldn't hear yourself think. Then there was all the constant rattles with it! drove me crazy. I'll miss the extra light into the cab. I'll miss it because I love sunroofs... but I think I'll enjoy the better fit and finish much more!

Even my wife was noticing the small things on our test drive, like the carpeted door pockets for example. She always made fun of me because her 2007 GLI felt better built inside than my 2019. hell it has/had less rattles than my 2019!!

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
With the 2019 GLI I didn't miss it already.... I could rarely use it! Highway speeds if you have it vented it whistled like a bastard and the wide open anything over 40kph it was so loud you couldn't hear yourself think. Then there was all the constant rattles with it! drove me crazy. I'll miss the extra light into the cab. I'll miss it because I love sunroofs... but I think I'll enjoy the better fit and finish much more!

Even my wife was noticing the small things on our test drive, like the carpeted door pockets for example. She always made fun of me because her 2007 GLI felt better built inside than my 2019. hell it has/had less rattles than my 2019!!

This is interesting. We just got a 2020 Tiguan with the pano roof, and it's one of the quietest / sturdy feeling sun roofs I've ever had in a car.

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
The main reason I hate sunroofs is my height. I'm 6'4" and that extra 1"+ makes all the difference. Factor in the performance/weight advantages (super minor, lol) and the fact that VW couldn't build a proper sunroof on the MK7 MQB platform to save it's life... well, i'm very happy without one.

Wiredin

Ready to race!
This is interesting. We just got a 2020 Tiguan with the pano roof, and it's one of the quietest / sturdy feeling sun roofs I've ever had in a car.

my 2015 GTI was amazing actually and I was hoping for similar performance. Ripping through the rocky mountain highways with that thing wide open and no noise at all. that car never rattled either.

the problem with the bigger sunroofs are that they introduce extra body flex, especially when it's open, and especially in the spring months when your coming out of the cold winters. seems to be a common problem along a lot of vehicles going to the bigger roofs.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
my 2015 GTI was amazing actually and I was hoping for similar performance. Ripping through the rocky mountain highways with that thing wide open and no noise at all. that car never rattled either.

the problem with the bigger sunroofs are that they introduce extra body flex, especially when it's open, and especially in the spring months when your coming out of the cold winters. seems to be a common problem along a lot of vehicles going to the bigger roofs.

The old supplier for the panos on the 2014/2015 build date MK7s produced better sunroofs.