GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

just waiting for insurance... but new Golf R!

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I have derailed the conversation from topic, my appologies. One last point and I digress. On said trip to see family the amount of homlessness and habitual pot usage in public was mind blowing. I could not enjoy a drink at the bar with my wife and family without the wafting aroma of weed nor ride the elevator to my room or walk the hallways of the hotel with my kids without smelling the stink. This then led to the conversation about the smell, the drug itself and the impacts of its use. (An example of many)

Those reasons is why I left and sad to say a quick trip back home reaffirmed all of my reasons for leaving five years ago. And now they legalized mushrooms? Oh lawd!

Weed smells great, not sure what the issue is

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I have to call my insurance company about bullet holes. :) I believe my policy mentions damage from a riot isn't covered. I don't know about gang fights.

Wiredin

Ready to race!
Well I've had it officially since Saturday now and holy crap... what a car! It's so much fun it's ridiculous! The dealer didn't put my winters on for me so I had 2 days driving on the ContiExtreme Contact DWS's and I'm pretty impressed with their light winter performance. I just love how you can feel the power transfer with the 4Motion, it's such a neat feeling. This thing is just a crazy rocket!

It really disappoints me on how much better this car is than the GLI's I had before it. Really closer to my MK7 GTI I had which is nice. This feels tight, it feels so well built and solid compared to the last two Jetta's I had. the MK6 was tighter than the MK7 in some ways, but the MK7 was rattly, the interior just felt cheaper, the seats were crap in comparison to the R. This car has more feel that made me fall in love with VW in the first place. Even the display for the radio has a better picture. The Fender Audio system is so much more dynamic and full compared to the Beats system in the GLI. I enjoy music again in the car, I was listening primarily only to podcasts in the GLI because the sound system sucked. I'm having so much fun! already burned a tank of gas in 3 days just driving anywhere and everywhere I can. I really love this car, and it makes me smile every time I push that start button. I can't say my last 2 GLI's ever did that for me... I haven't had this much fun since my S4 or 2015 GTI!

Wiredin

Ready to race!
Picture time! I seem to have a thing for lens flare...

Attachments

• IMG_20201130_171514_105.jpg
    IMG_20201130_171514_105.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20201129_210929_762.jpg
    IMG_20201129_210929_762.jpg
    724.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20201128_124419_130.jpg
    IMG_20201128_124419_130.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 68

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I’m surprised the Fender system is any different from the Beats. I thought it was actually the same system with a rebranded name to appeal to the average American consumer - same way the ROW MK7’s came with Dynaudio and NAR MK7’s came with Fender, though there was no mereological difference between the two.

Wiredin

Ready to race!
I’m surprised the Fender system is any different from the Beats. I thought it was actually the same system with a rebranded name to appeal to the average American consumer - same way the ROW MK7’s came with Dynaudio and NAR MK7’s came with Fender, though there was no mereological difference between the two.

huge difference in sound quality. the GLI's Beats system was more top end heavy and lacked any bottom end tightness at all. the mid range was a bit peaky. Overall it created a more brittle top end that wasn't very clear in the upper mids either. The Fender system in the R is more bottom end focused. Which is polar opposite of what I expected. But I remember when I went from my GTI to my S4 a similar feeling in EQ difference...but the S4 was clearer in the top end. The top end is not as defined, but clearer and smoother. I listen to a lot of different styles of music from scream metal to blues to country to electronic and all inbetween, but primarily hard rock/punk like Thrice, Alexisonfire, Minus the Bear, Rise Against and this system seems pretty well suited to those bands. Alexisonfire Crisis specifically... I am hearing things I've never heard before, especially in the bottom end. Then Thrice's To Be Everywhere album has a more separation between the left and right channel. I'm no audiophile and won't pretend to be one, but I do love listening to music.

Wiredin

Ready to race!
Glad you're enjoying the new car! My fiance bought a 2020 GLI a couple months ago. Agree with what you're saying on the audio and the rattles...especially the rattles.

it's insane the amount of rattles. rear tail lights (fixed twice), rear deck, somewhere under the passenger seat, somewhere under the passenger foot well, sunroof.... ughhh. it was my biggest pet peeve.

Wiredin

Ready to race!
I don't know how USA warranty works, but in Canada you can only claim rattles/adjustments in the first year 20,000km. we chased the floor board rattles for the entire first 20,000km then gave up. the sunroof is just because how much the body flexes now that half the roof is glass.