GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just plain fun

SalishGTI

Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI Red
I realize this is a bit silly but I just have to get on and say that our new 2017 GTI is just plain fun. I drive pretty spirited and even on a hot and sunny day today I peeled out in first gear after already going 10 mph without trying or putting the pedal all the way down. So much torque. So much spin up. When I replace these stock tires here soon it will get even better. What a pleasure to drive. Just sayin.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I wouldnt disagree. My second MK7 never fails to bring a smile on my face everytime when i find a reason to take it out for a spin.

teslas

Passed Driver's Ed
Adding more torque will increase the smile factor. Flash or piggyback will improve your health by making you giggle and smile more often. Remember what your momma used to say, a smile is good medicine.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
The spin is mostly due to the crappy stock tires. It is fun to spin them but after you get proper tires you'll be able to accelerate much faster.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
SUCH a fun car even stock. just so light, tossable, and quick.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
amish.jpg

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Is everything sorted out on your current setup and what steps are you taking to get to 600 HP?

My current setup, yes but now Ed and I are experimenting with adding more timing up top.

I've already started purchasing the parts to build my block and once I have everything, then I'll upgrade the turbo.