GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just paid a buck a gallon more for 93. Anybody else thinking about going back to Map 0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
I don't really worry about fuel price since I have only but 5000 miles on in 18 months lol.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
I ran very dry, 12.5 gallons once, needle had passed just passed the last notch lol

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Supposedly it holds 13.2 but I’ve never put more than 12 or so gallons in it. Driven it 20-30 miles past “0 miles” too with the needle pegged on empty.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
I ran very dry, 12.5 gallons once, needle had passed just passed the last notch lol
Supposedly it holds 13.2 but I’ve never put more than 12 or so gallons in it. Driven it 20-30 miles past “0 miles” too with the needle pegged on empty.
Same! I was hyper-miling like crazy. I've dipped into below zero more times than I am comfortable to admit. I run to E almost every tank 😅

Negative miles club represent.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Once I saw 12.78 gallons at a full up in the GTI. That one was pretty close, but you can actually drive quite far after the gas light turns on. I think you have 1 full gallon left when the range indicator first drops to 0.

Back in the day I actually ran out of gas in my Forrester. Some dude in a Cadillac picked me up when I was walking to the gas station and another person stopped to pick me up on the way back to the car. I ended up only walking like a quarter mile of what would have been a 6 mile round trip, the second half carrying the gas can too.

Vernon NJ, nice town.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
If your margin for financial well-being is so low that you can't afford 93 octane, you probably shouldn't be shelling out money for mods, or even having a "sporty" car.

i could afford $4/gallon 93 on my MK6 GTI when I was delivering pizzas in college lol, will never understand adults bring so shy of fuel prices.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
i could afford $4/gallon 93 on my MK6 GTI when I was delivering pizzas in college lol, will never understand adults bring so shy of fuel prices.
I think it is because people live outside their means. I know from past experience that being in debt and living paycheck to paycheck is setting yourself up for misery.

ShartyMcFly

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 GTI

Same! I was hyper-miling like crazy. I've dipped into below zero more times than I am comfortable to admit. I run to E almost every tank 😅

Negative miles club represent.
Isn't this bad for your fuel pump? My mechanic told me that the gas in the tank keeps in tank fuel pumps cool and that running it dry can lead to your fuel pump being burnt up. Is that true for our vehicles?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I think it is because people live outside their means. I know from past experience that being in debt and living paycheck to paycheck is setting yourself up for misery.

perhaps that. I think gas prices are more psychological than financial. My father makes 175K and he’d rather be shot than pay for “premium fuel” in his Acura.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Isn't this bad for your fuel pump? My mechanic told me that the gas in the tank keeps in tank fuel pumps cool and that running it dry can lead to your fuel pump being burnt up. Is that true for our vehicles?
The pump doesn't run dry until you run out of fuel completely. Most of the active cooling comes from fuel being pulled through the pump. Still, no problems here even at my power levels...though my stock pump will probably be pulled out for a LPFP upgrade soon. Though I don't floor it when I am low on fuel 😅

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
perhaps that. I think gas prices are more psychological than financial. My father makes 175K and he’d rather be shot than pay for “premium fuel” in his Acura.

All the while insisting it doesnt or couldn’t need it even though it says it on the gas cap. My dad has done the same thing. That practice eventually blew up the 3.5 in my moms RL years ago lol

Status
Not open for further replies.