GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just ordered Golf GTD

Sam2

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys,

New member here.
Decided to join the forum having placed an order for a MK7 Golf GTD yesterday.
I've gone for the 'basic' GTD spec (although I flirted with the idea of Park Assist) and I've gone for Tornado Red.

I currently drive a fully loaded '09 BMW 118d. Lovely car but we were keen for a change.
I've been given an estimated build leadtime of 18 weeks... hopefully that will fly-by!

Sam

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Hi guys,

New member here.
Decided to join the forum having placed an order for a MK7 Golf GTD yesterday.
I've gone for the 'basic' GTD spec (although I flirted with the idea of Park Assist) and I've gone for Tornado Red.

I currently drive a fully loaded '09 BMW 118d. Lovely car but we were keen for a change.
I've been given an estimated build leadtime of 18 weeks... hopefully that will fly-by!

Sam

Morning and welcome to the forum, the wait will be worth it....however I'm confused, how/why you have moved from a 'fully loaded' vehicle to an out of the box model? :eek:

Sam2

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks!
The 'fully loaded' that i mentioned above all comes as standard on the GTD (with the exception of sunroof and nav)... The likes of cruise control, media interface, parking sensors, ambient lighting, bluetooth etc etc are all optional extras on the 1 Series.

The main reason for the move to the GTD was because we wanted a new car to avoid unexpected maintenance bills over the next few years (picked up a service & tyre package on the golf we're happy with). We are moving home and getting married in the next year so knowing our outgoings is important.

...also the GTD has 40+bhp more than the 118d did ;)

Cheers,
Sam

Tornado Red Brink

Fair play Sam, I have just ordered exactly the same car, been told provisional build date for week 19/ delivery for week 23!!

Sam2

Passed Driver's Ed
Fair play Sam, I have just ordered exactly the same car, been told provisional build date for week 19/ delivery for week 23!!

Congrats! I haven't got build dates etc yet, that's all being finalised... just been told to expect approximately 18 weeks.

My parents and my brother have recently bought GTD's (one 5dr in White and one 3dr in Black) and theirs have all been closer to 12 weeks.

Cheers,
Sam

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Basic spec GTD is far from basic - although if you look at the options list you will find two classes of choices - expensive (sunroof, leather, DCC, Navigation Pro etc) and cheap(ish) - rear camera, park assist, main beam assist etc.

The latter group may be worth looking at again, particularly the camera as it costs five times that amount to install afterwards... just a thought!