GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just introducing myself...

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
That was the Newark mayor? I remember seeing pics of him and Rosa parks in Atlantic City at some conference thing for civil rights. Maybe 1996 or 95?
Correct. He got busted for stealing tax payer money for trips, cars, houses, boats (I think) and they still voted for him. The people were pissed when Booker won. Crazy shit.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Correct. He got busted for stealing tax payer money for trips, cars, houses, boats (I think) and they still voted for him. The people were pissed when Booker won. Crazy shit.
It’s wild because booker actually seems like he has never stolen a snickers bar let alone committed any illegal crimes in his life.

nj politicians used to be quite the breed dude. I remember in Camden. When you dialed 911. U had to wait an eternity for either highway patrol or philly pd. No one would want to come to the call! Philly pd wouldn’t make it over the Ben Franklin bridge. Highway patrol got lost in cherry hill 😂

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
It’s wild because booker actually seems like he has never stolen a snickers bar let alone committed any illegal crimes in his life.

nj politicians used to be quite the breed dude. I remember in Camden. When you dialed 911. U had to wait an eternity for either highway patrol or philly pd. No one would want to come to the call! Philly pd wouldn’t make it over the Ben Franklin bridge. Highway patrol got lost in cherry hill 😂
Exactly. In his first run as mayor he had people going to polling locations and threatening Booker supporters. People still voted James back in. Better the devil you know?

He finally lost and Booker was really doing some good in the town. People still hated him. It amazes me. They got rid of him for Barakah and I haven’t seen him do any near as much as Booker did.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Exactly. In his first run as mayor he had people going to polling locations and threatening Booker supporters. People still voted James back in. Better the devil you know?

He finally lost and Booker was really doing some good in the town. People still hated him. It amazes me. They got rid of him for Barakah and I haven’t seen him do any near as much as Booker did.
That’s wild.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI

Sounds eerily similar to the greater situation with Republicans voting for Trump in America.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Sounds eerily similar to the greater situation with Republicans voting for Trump in America.
The big difference is James was caught red handed and people still loved him. He did nothing for the community whereas Booker got rid of a lot of the projects and really tried to build a sense of community. He was great in a smaller setting. He’s background noise in the senate.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
The big difference is James was caught red handed and people still loved him. He did nothing for the community whereas Booker got rid of a lot of the projects and really tried to build a sense of community. He was great in a smaller setting. He’s background noise in the senate.
Dude it was like folks in Jersey just preferred the devil they knew

Himbo

Car(s)
Subaru BRZ
I went to Rutgers in Newark during Sharpe James' reign. I remember he would bag the parking meters during elections to win votes. I was super supportive of Cory Booker, but he quickly jumped ship for a better position. Newark deserves a good leader...

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
I went to Rutgers in Newark during Sharpe James' reign. I remember he would bag the parking meters during elections to win votes. I was super supportive of Cory Booker, but he quickly jumped ship for a better position. Newark deserves a good leader...
I never lived in Newark but spent a good amount of time there since my wife worked there for a decent amount of years. I did like Cory Booker on a local level but not so much as a senator. He was chased out of town.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I remember the south campus! Close to the river in Camden but u could swim to philly if u wanted. I always wondered why folks thought it was a good idea to put a campus there. That area was crazy as shit.