GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just bought a toy to compliment the GTI, NC Miata PRHT

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
I had an NA, great little roadster. If I buy another it will be a NC PRHT. Love the color of yours & that brown interior oh man.

My old Meotter.
Beautiful NA!

paNX2K&SE-R

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4Mo
Nice. Love the 2.5?

It's pretty decent. I bought the car with a blown up 2.0 so that's the primary reason for doing the swap. I know people are removing good running 2.0 to install the 2.5 but personally I don't think I'd go through the trouble or expense.

sloopercat

Go Kart Newbie
The early NC1 engines also have some weak points. It’s not a horrible option to get one of the 2.0s Joe has and boost it. The 2.0 is smoother and revs better. In order to install the 2.5, the balance shafts have to be removed.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Nice car! I had an NB until it spun ol' number 4. I was outside of the recall range, but Mazda still came to my rescue. I always liked the PRHT, don't see many of them down here.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
You guys fit in these things?
I'm 6'2" and fit in my NB with a Hard Dog bar with two inches of clearance. With a little slump, about an inch and a half of seat foam removed from the seat pan, about an inch from the seat back and the RHD fuel filler area hammered out to get the full seat travel.

The NC is a little roomier, so I'd probably have been fine stock. I have only sat in the ND, but I think i'd have to do a minimalist seat on really low rails to fit.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'm 6'2" and fit in my NB with a Hard Dog bar with two inches of clearance. With a little slump, about an inch and a half of seat foam removed from the seat pan, about an inch from the seat back and the RHD fuel filler area hammered out to get the full seat travel.

The NC is a little roomier, so I'd probably have been fine stock. I have only sat in the ND, but I think i'd have to do a minimalist seat on really low rails to fit.

That even sounds claustrophobic

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Guess it depends on what you consider comfortable. Sure, you can't see traffic lights, but the cars behind you have horns for a reason.

And why would you have the roof up?

Exiges and especially Sevens/Caterhams are probably my limit for necessary space though. Miatas are roomy in comparison.

Many years ago my buddy who's about 6'3" and I took my Miata to the Indy F1 race from Dallas, with camping gear and supplies for the weekend. Things were packed everywhere, including the shelf that the roof folds down into. That was definitely tight.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
I dunno the difference between them all.

It's like this:
I go to autoshow.
I sit in Miata.
I can see over windshield.
Kids usually point and laugh.

I'm not a giant at 6'3" ish but even at 5'10"-6'0"ish I don't see how people fit, or if they do, comfortably.
I am 6'3" and can confirm...I have had this exact same experience at an autoshow haha. I would love to fit in a Miata but I don't see it happening without sacrifices I'm not willing to make.

To OP: Amazing looking car, it should be a good compliment to the GTI and a lot of fun!

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
I’m 6’0” and fit easily.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Must have been garaged. The original muffler's in great shape. That's very low mileage. I have 21,000 in 4 years.

OP, I'm not familiar with hotroding Miatas. What engines are those you are considering? Will the driveline handle 320 WHP?

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Coilovers are on and it feels amazing, completely transformed.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Have went on a few social distancing drives with friends on some Hill Country Roads.

The E30 has an S54 swap. :p

I also removed the pinstripe,, it was so tacky.

Last edited: