GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just bought a toy to compliment the GTI, NC Miata PRHT

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
2007 Miata Grand Touring PRHT 6MT with Premim and Suspension Pkg (for LSD).

64k miles, one owner, 29 CarFax Maintenance records from the local Mazda dealer.

Plans include: Coilovers, wider wheels, sticker tires, 2.5 Swap with some type of FI, full exhaust and Vitaloni Mirrors.

Shooting for 300-320 WHP, should be a hoot.

Last edited:

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Already added a rear muffler and removed the pinstripe.

Muffler, Goodwin Racing Roadster Sport Q

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
That's one of my favorite Miata generations. It does a great job bridging the gap between increased interior quality of later models with the precision and analog feel of the early models.

The design has stood the test of time, as well.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
That's one of my favorite Miata generations. It does a great job bridging the gap between increased interior quality of later models with the precision and analog feel of the early models.

The design has stood the test of time, as well.

My thoughts exactly, I’ve had an NB before. My friend has had all generations, right now he has a NB, NC and a Fiata. So I am very familiar with them.

NC is still comfortable to drive and is not as cramped in the interior as the ND.

Its really the sweet spot.

Was looking at a 2013-2015 Club for $13k-$16k, then this popped up locally for $9k. ?

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
My thoughts exactly, I’ve had an NB before. My friend has had all generations, right now he has a NB, NC and a Fiata. So I am very familiar with them.

NC is still comfortable to drive and is not as cramped in the interior as the ND.

Its really the sweet spot.

Was looking at a 2013-2015 Club for $13k-$16k, then this popped up locally for $9k. ?

Damn. That's a hell of a lot of car for that price.

Completely ignoring any valuation, just consider what you're able to buy on the used market today. It's really amazing what you can end up with.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Damn. That's a hell of a lot of car for that price.

Completely ignoring any valuation, just consider what you're able to buy on the used market today. It's really amazing what you can end up with.

Sure is.

RWD, <2,500lbs, 6MT and clean.

I really got this so I can tag along on my GF’s motorcycle rides. I refuse to get on one. ?

I have gotten the GTI to its final state. This will be fun modding over the years.

sloopercat

Go Kart Newbie
I have 2010 soft top with a turbo, 230ish HP is a pretty good spot. Above that it is stretching the design limits. The trans on the NC1 has some weaknesses as well. It’s a good combo, as the GTI is a bit ponderous for the tight stuff.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Very cool! I drove one of these at Skip Barber...super fun. Also agree this is probably the best gen out there.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
I have 2010 soft top with a turbo, 230ish HP is a pretty good spot. Above that it is stretching the design limits. The trans on the NC1 has some weaknesses as well. It’s a good combo, as the GTI is a bit ponderous for the tight stuff.

Which turbo kit are you rocking?

Dynotronics is an hour away from me.

paNX2K&SE-R

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4Mo
Nice choice! There seems to be several Miata owners around here on mk7. I have a 2.5 swapped NC and I'm in the process of doing a LFX engine swap on an NB.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Nice choice! There seems to be several Miata owners around here on mk7. I have a 2.5 swapped NC and I'm in the process of doing a LFX engine swap on an NB.

Nice. Love the 2.5?

I have a rear turbo, Joe has some options for the 2.5 as well.

Nice.

Joe has an open house and offering ride alongs in 2.0 and 2.5 turbos on March 24th.