GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just a heads up on some good new tires cheap.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
I just bought some of these but there's other sizes and styles of discontinued Bridgestones on sale. Just thought the price was too good to not let the forum know.
https://simpletire.com/bridgestone-p245-45r17-079620-tires . I got another 10% at the time so 4 were under $300 but check coupon codes. This was a great size for me but it's hit or miss so check for yourselves.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Double check the date codes on them to make sure they're not super old. I've seen some great closeout deals but also some that were super old tires that probably shouldn't have even been sold.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I'll second that comment. I bought some great deals from them but they once sold me a set of Federal UHP summers that were 4 yrs old. Worth checking.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Mine are 2.5yrs old but up to 10 years old indoors is no problem and I doubt Bridgestones hang around as long as Federals. Once mounted and subject to weather etc. you should swap them after 6 years or so regardless of wear but a tire in a reasonable warehouse will be like new. You're also getting a Bridgestone RE760 or RE970 for less than a Federal.

Last edited:

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
Last time I bought some Pirellis from simple they were four years old (also clearance sale) No problem at all given they were properly stored. Tire shop said they’ll mount up to 10 years, and with a summer, I’ll be happy to run them for just over a year lol

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
The tech sheet for the track day club I attend asks if the tires on the car are less than 4 years old (no matter the condition). It's a random reference but nevertheless must have some logic to it.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
It is but should be good for my Alltrack on gti springs and 17” wheels/ 45 ET. Same diameter as stock for me but a little big for other models. As for the fenders, about the same as stock with 10mm wheel spacers and should clear the suspension/brakes pretty easily.

Last edited:

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
The tech sheet for the track day club I attend asks if the tires on the car are less than 4 years old (no matter the condition). It's a random reference but nevertheless must have some logic to it.
But I suspect they look at purchase date.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
No. Their concern is probably dry rot.
Which dramatically accelerates outside but their rules. Curios at what the parameter actually is. In any case, at least the tires I bought aren't that old and the mold release wax helps them maintain their newness until used or at least outside.

Last edited:

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
fwiw my tire installer who autocrosses and does track days claims that stickier compounds will degrade somewhat and as a result will endure fewer heat cycles before loosing some grip. he made these comments when he installed my 4 year old new federals

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
I'm sure longevity isn't a considerations on those compounds. Makes sense.