GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

June issue Car and Driver magazine Mark 8 on the cover!

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Have they improved the paint durability?
Something wrong with it currently? VW paint is generally better than any Japanese or Korean brand, the Domestics and not really any better or worse than BMW, MB or the rest of VWG. A blocky front end is going to get rock chips, that’s not really the paint’s fault.

MSchott

Go Kart Newbie
The Rabbit Edition they're comparing against had timing issues due to the 0w-20 oil and VVT not being calibrated correctly. My car ran pig rich under 4000 rpms and bogged like crazy until the first patch.

I own 2 GTI's and my 18 would smoke my rabbit stock for stock when I bought the rabbit.

The 19 ran fine after the patch.

I think the fastest previous 18 mk7.5 they tested was 5.2, so it really isn't much of an improvement in 0 to 60.
Car and Driver never got a 5.2 second test in a mk7.5.

Mosquito

Go Kart Champion
The Rabbit Edition they're comparing against had timing issues due to the 0w-20 oil and VVT not being calibrated correctly. My car ran pig rich under 4000 rpms and bogged like crazy until the first patch.

I own 2 GTI's and my 18 would smoke my rabbit stock for stock when I bought the rabbit.

The 19 ran fine after the patch.

I think the fastest previous 18 mk7.5 they tested was 5.2, so it really isn't much of an improvement in 0 to 60.
Interesting. I went through something like this myself after switching tunes on my MY17 R. $2000+ dollars later trying to find why and another $1000 in labor time only to give up chasing ghosts after 8 months. Flashed back to prior tune and it was resolved. Went from loving the car to nearly torching it.

Reading about your ordeal tells me I wasn't crazy. Nearly lost it more than once.

MSchott

Go Kart Newbie

coniglio rampante

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Edit
Agreed about the 7 & 7.5 times not touching a 5.2 run (that I’ve seen reported.)

It would be interesting to see the two tested “apples to apples” with the same tires and same procedures on the same day at the same track/facility.