Are you a motorsport enthusiast trapped in a job where you work on boring websites that sell cogs and widgets? Do you wish you could use your skills to help race cars go faster instead? Have you been waiting for the right opportunity to align your career with your passion and hobby? If so, here is your chance.
APEX Race Parts is looking for the right individual to join our team as our Ecommerce Manager and help us develop the absolute best website for purchasing lightweight race wheels. We know our current site sucks, which is why we’re about to launch a brand new one. We’ve been working on it for years. We may launch Phase One of the site before you join our team, but that’s just a small first step. Your role would be to take ownership of the site going forward, and drive many more feature enhancements, site optimizations, funnels, and more.
To be successful in this position, you’ll need strong leadership skills and project management experience, as you grow the internal team while also overseeing outside agencies and contractors who already do a lot of the leg work. If you haven’t built and managed a meaningful, enterprise ecommerce website before – one that offers hundreds of landing pages, and that required a team of designers, developers, and marketers to produce – then you likely don’t have the experience this position requires. We’re not looking for a catalog manager or someone to put up promotional banners. We already have people for that. We want an individual who would complement our existing skills. Our leadership team already has broad marketing experience. We need someone who can own the technical portion of our digital efforts and is comfortable wearing multiple hats and getting into the trenches as needed until he/she can hand off those hats as we continue our rapid growth.
- Own every ecommerce related project/activity.
- Ensure all email, PPC, and traffic-driving programs work in harmony with the website.
- Scale and manage the internal team dedicated to ecommerce.
- Using project management software, supervise outside web developers, graphic designers, PPC providers, and other contractors to ensure adherence to predetermined strategies, goals, and deadlines.
- During your first 100 days, lead the Marketing department's efforts to build high-converting sales funnels by utilizing SEO, PPC campaigns, product feeds, email, and targeted landing pages.
- Manage the execution of all A/B testing to research, formulate, and test ways to optimize the user experience (UX/UI) and increase conversions.
- Collaborate with the IT department and outside vendors to establish site tagging, pixel, and UTM strategies that support highly accurate, granular data collection.
- Identify the appropriate tools that will allow us to turn that granular data into actionable, effective, online marketing strategies.
- Develop user journey maps, identifying critical paths to conversion and providing insights that inform web design, development, and the testing roadmap.
- Manage the content on the site, including all promotions, educational content, and SEO.
- Collaborate with Systems Admin to manage product catalog, promotional build-outs, product feeds, posting of articles and content, etc.
- In collaboration with the Creative team, develop frameworks that transform our social media sites into profitable platforms.
- Create weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting on key performance metrics (e.g. site traffic, conversion analysis, user behaviors, ROAS, etc.) in support of the company’s goals for growth.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing management, business, information systems, or other relevant schooling.
- Minimum 4 years of managerial experience with enterprise B2C ecommerce, digital marketing, and project management.
- Proven proficiency in Google Analytics, PPC, CMS platforms, basic HTML, email marketing, heat-mapping tools, and user testing.
- Demonstrable track record of using data, not supposition, to devise sales-enhancing online strategies and improve ROI/ROAS.
- Highly analytical and skilled in researching, dashboarding, and reporting.
- Creative and energetic team player with a passion for achievement.
- Organized self-starter who can prioritize assignments and manage projects independently.
- Experience with headless ecommerce is required
- Extensive experience with project management software is also required.
- Experience in and/or a passion for motorsports is highly preferred.
- Experience with Magento2, Sanity, Mandrill, and Mailchimp are pluses.
- Coding/development skills are also a plus.
- Full-time position. Compensation DOE
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with employer matching
- Stock options
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Work in your underwear - fully remote telecommuting supported
- Support your track addiction with reimbursements for HPDE and autocross event registration fees
- Dedicated track car available for staff to drive at HPDE events
- Access to our shop with lift and tools to work on your car
- Eligibility for the SEMA college grant and loan forgiveness program
- Casual dress environment where T-shirts, jeans, and shorts are welcome
- Get employee discounts and freebies on APEX products and shwag
- Participate in company activities including karting, track days, VR sim racing, and more.
Cover Letter Requirement:
When submitting your application, please write about the following topic in your cover letter:
Tell us what makes you an automotive/motorsport enthusiast, and how that will enable you to create a better experience for our customers. If you’re not into motorsports, then tell us how your passion for another activity will allow you to relate to our customer’s needs and create an optimal online experience.
How to apply:
Applications must be submitted via our online form found here: APEX Ecommerce Manager Job Opening
Do NOT contact us directly by phone or in person. All applicants must apply via the link above to be considered.
APEX is an equal opportunity employer.
Who are we?
APEX Race Parts is a close-knit team with a burning passion for anything with 4 wheels that can set a lap time on a race track. We’ve been in business since 2007 and our core competency is lightweight performance wheels. The growth of our team and the maturing of our company has opened a new chapter where we expand into every active enthusiast community that attends track days.