GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JLungo's 2015 GTI Build

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Got these finally back on a few weeks ago. Now that it is warmer out I just need a weekend without rain to perform a full wash and detail inside and out. Idk what you guys do but i take a good 5+ hours going from wash to wax on the exterior.

Next post I will outline my steps to detailing if anyone has any questions on method or product let me know as I LOVE DETAILING CARS :)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Such an epic car my friend. Also please come wash my car lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Jlungo

Ready to race!
I like your blow drying touch. Does it blow the water off more than dry it? I'd assume so it doesn't leave water spots. My next car (M2 fingers crossed lol) I will use that method.

Didn't know you had TWO mk7s...which is the other?

Man, that's a helluva detailing regimen! I got exhausted just reading it.

I'm not quite that "detailed" when I detail, but I respect your tremendous efforts and your car looks great. :)

My typical detailing session on my two Mk7s:

1. Wash with heavy dose of CG Citrus wash to strip wax/sealant. (Wash instead with a pH-balanced wash when not detailing.)

2. Leave wet and clay with Meguiar's aggressive clay and Quick Detailer as needed for additional lube.

3. Quick wash with CQ citrus again to strip clay residue.

4. Blow dry with my Toro leaf blower.

5. Correct as necessary with Griot's Boss series of compounds and polishes and Lake Country CCS pads (I love the 90 degree edge for precision). I have only gone as aggressive as the Correcting (not Fast Correcting) Cream on the GTI as the paint has needed little correction. Then went over that with their Finishing sealant.

6. Seal with Menzerna/Jescar Power Lock Plus. Let cure either overnight or morning to late afternoon before applying wax.

7. Wax with Collinite 845.

8. Blow load into exhaust pipes.

Jlungo

Ready to race!
8. Blow load into exhaust pipes.

I see you are a man of great class as well hahah

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Thanks man i appreciate the read and comment!
Hmm ive always considered a traveling auto detailing side business. Hmmm [emoji848][emoji848]
Such an epic car my friend. Also please come wash my car lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Jlungo

Ready to race!
So i hit some object on route 46 here in NJ....did some damage to the front lip but its super sturdy and didnt crack. Instead it left a small dent/cut in the lip.

Oh and it basically ripped/unclipped the lower bumper trim from the main bumper. Gunna have to take the whole bumper off to remove lip and fix bumper. Good chance lip might not go back on. [emoji29][emoji17][emoji24]

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Holy smokes repairing the lower bumper trim is ridiculous. The only thing holding the trim to the bumper was actually the Flow lip and its bolts. Once the bumper was removed and flipped over and lip removed the trim came right off. Basically had to realign every clip on the inside of the bumper and bottom of the bumper simultaneously. But we got it done.

Unfortunately the bumper came off the work area I had prepped on the ground while we were rigorously trying to bend the trim that some bumper paint got rubbed off. Not bad but u can see it if you look at where the headlight, fender, and bumper meet at the corner.

Other than that i ditched the lip game and am going naked on the front for now lol

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Did a thing in the mean time....

Audi S3 engine (cover) swap haha [emoji23][emoji23]

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Soooo going to be doing a thing i. A month or so hopefully.....
Meth through the charge pipes tapped into the windshield washer fluid tank w/ JB4 stack to control it

myles1

Ready to race!
Just read through majority of the thread, and damn! This car looks and sounds like a beast. I imagine it's insanely fast too. I can't wait to get out of my TSI and into a GTI or an R.

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Just read through majority of the thread, and damn! This car looks and sounds like a beast. I imagine it's insanely fast too. I can't wait to get out of my TSI and into a GTI or an R.
Thanks man! I appreciate it. Yea the car is a ton of fun. A coworker recently test drove it and was screaming at how awesome it was to drive and how quick it was.

If you plan on doing some performance mods to the car I would recommend an R if you are able to get into one. Or even an S3. The hardware on terms of the is38 is already in the car so u wont be spending money to buy that alone.

myles1

Ready to race!
Thanks man! I appreciate it. Yea the car is a ton of fun. A coworker recently test drove it and was screaming at how awesome it was to drive and how quick it was.

If you plan on doing some performance mods to the car I would recommend an R if you are able to get into one. Or even an S3. The hardware on terms of the is38 is already in the car so u wont be spending money to buy that alone.

Yeah R is definitely the goal but even used is an extra 10K! Frustrating though, the amount I've put into my TSI I could've just bought a GTI to begin with.

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Hey everyone! Sorry I have been MIA from my own thread. Been so caught up with work and also got married this past April. But this weekend will be dedicated to spoiling my dirty little GTI lol

I am very into detailing my car as well as friends and family. I am meticulous also with the products I use so I am going post here tomorrow night all the products I use and what Ive liked the most. Havent given my car a wash/detail in a year so there is some considerable build up. I have gone through the touchless carwash bay a few times but that doesnt do much on winter build up and brake dust/iron.

Check in tomorrow to see what products I waste my money on hahaah

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Nice looking car. Looking forward to more updates. Were you running any spacers with the Leggera's?
Hi man. Sorry I went MIA on this thread and never saw your comment. If it’s any help this late, I used 12mm spacers in front and 15mm in the rear