GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jim Lloyd 5/13/1948 till 5/25/2022

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I know how bad the last few months were for Jim, but he would ask about the work project I was working on and offer encouragement when things were going sideways. I knew how it would end for Jim, but even I was in denial and everyday hoped he'd improve enough to enjoy some more time playing with cars and hanging with friends.

He was genuinely supportive, even at his lowest points.

He was a one of a kind.

cb1111

I know how bad the last few months were for Jim, but he would ask about the work project I was working on and offer encouragement when things were going sideways. I knew how it would end for Jim, but even I was in denial and everyday hoped he'd improve enough to enjoy some more time playing with cars and hanging with friends.

He was genuinely supportive, even at his lowest points.

He was a one of a kind.
Yeah, I think we were all in denial. We've all known people that have bounced in and out of hospice - but we've also known people with CPOD and know how that ends.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Aww man this was unexpected, not another loss to our community. :'( Rest in peace Jim, you helped so many here and provided many laughs with your responses!

This comes just after my good friend Heath passed away under 2 weeks ago, he wasn't a member here, but he purchased an APR Stage 2 tuned 15' R last year and was quickly becoming a VW guy. We cleaned his intake valves in my garage in April after I had successfully done my own. This year has been rough...

Drive safe everybody.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Aww man this was unexpected, not another loss to our community. :'( Rest in peace Jim, you helped so many here and provided many laughs with your responses!

This comes just after my good friend Heath passed away under 2 weeks ago, he wasn't a member here, but he purchased an APR Stage 2 tuned 15' R last year and was quickly becoming a VW guy. We cleaned his intake valves in my garage in April after I had successfully done my own. This year has been rough...

Drive safe everybody.
Sorry for you loss, brother.

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Oh wow! He was my mother's age, or two years older since he outlived her. No disrespect intended; rather, it's a testament to how many older enthusiasts we have among us here. I didn't know Jim and never shared a PM with him, but I always knew I'd see something helpful or generally positive when I saw his avatar. RIP, Jim!

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I'm so sorry to hear this, Jim's responses were some of my favorite on this forum.
My condolences to his family.