GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jim Lloyd 5/13/1948 till 5/25/2022

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
Wow wtf? I was just browsing the forums on my phone and notice all these "RIP Jim" posts and was wondering what was going on, I was thinking it was his car that went out on him.

I only had a couple interactions w/jim but I'd see on these forums he was always willing to help anyone w/troubleshooting to get their car running right again. Like some others mentioned, I didn't even know he was sick at all ☹️

RIP Man! You'll definitely be missed! Thanks for being awesome on these forums.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
RIP Jim =(

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Hi guys. Jim’s ex wife (Lisa) asked me to post the following:
I am having trouble posting on the forum & I am having a member pass this on to all of you.

I am overwhelmed at the respect & love that you had for Jim. When I got his phone running I was in touch with 3 members & was able to read your goodbyes & heart warming comments about Jim. Even though we divorced over 20 years, we remained friends over the years. When he got ill, I stepped in (I'm retired) to help. His family lives in Ohio & Jim made me his POA years ago. FYI, he wanted to sell his car back to the dealership & he kept his illness quiet to most of you in the group.

Like I said, I broke down reading all of your kind comments about Jim's passing, I knew about the forum but didn't realize that he was a BIG DEAL in this forum. Jim would be humbled.

There will not be a service of any kind, his ashes are being flown to his family in Ohio. I did keep his wallet though.

Photo is from the group home he was in on New years eve with the owners of the home.

For those of you who want to donate to a cause, I know Jim contributed to the ASPCA & St Judes hospital.

Fondly, lisa lloyd

Attachments

• D4AABB2E-8859-44FD-8F39-4B72C7C61826.jpeg
    D4AABB2E-8859-44FD-8F39-4B72C7C61826.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 90

thrillho

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE DSG
Rest easy, Jim. Was wondering where he had been lately and I understand now. Been on the forum a few years and always browsing when I'm at work lol but I had the chance to see all his helpful posts when people asked. You'll be missed...

cb1111

Hi guys. Jim’s ex wife (Lisa) asked me to post the following:
Hi Lisa - thanks for everything you did for Jim. I know he appreciated it.

How much was in his wallet? :ROFLMAO: Emoji added for "the Lloyd rule" (We knew what you meant about his wallet).

Let me explain the Lloyd rule - Jim would sometimes (often, always?) miss a joke or sarcasm, so we instituted the Lloyd rule which required you to add an emoji to indicate humor/sarcasm - all meant in good fun and Jim would often ask "where's the emoji?"

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Hi Lisa - thanks for everything you did for Jim. I know he appreciated it.

How much was in his wallet? :ROFLMAO: Emoji added for "the Lloyd rule" (We knew what you meant about his wallet).

Let me explain the Lloyd rule - Jim would sometimes (often, always?) miss a joke or sarcasm, so we instituted the Lloyd rule which required you to add an emoji to indicate humor/sarcasm - all meant in good fun and Jim would often ask "where's the emoji?"
Jim seemed like a cash kinda dude. I’m betting our homie had 300$ in his wallet

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
No idea what was in it, but I managed to get this pic of Jim's wallet.

product-image-1328233076_480x480@2x.jpg