GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jim Lloyd 5/13/1948 till 5/25/2022

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Guys, before passing, Jim requested no wake or funeral and asked that in lieu of flowers, send a donation to the SPCA or St. Judes.

Thanks for this, and I found the right links by continuing to read through the post. I'll be making a donation in Jim's name as well.
Edit: Went with St. Jude's.

RIP to one rad old dude. Being a mk6 owner, I didn't get to see Jim in all his GTI-wisdom glory, but I'm glad we got to cross paths in OT. We may not have always seen eye to eye on certain things, but he was always respectful during disagreements and I hope he felt I gave him the same respect. He was definitely a gadget geek and it surprised me he was so into Android phones (even used Nova Launcher FFS, talk about plugged in). I hope I'm half as cool as Jim when I'm his age.
Thanks for posting the eulogy, @GTIfan99, it was great to find out more about his life.

Last edited:

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Sad to hear the that @jimlloyd40 has passed, I was wondering what was going on since he was not as active anymore.

Jim you gave me plenty of laughes over the years by being funny but also being that special literal Jim, and I agre that you where a person with great character and you will be missed.

I hope they have great fuel where you are going now so you dont have to use torco to get the power you want in the after life mobile.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Last night. I texted Jim’s phone. Just saying a final goodbye. Letting him know how much everyone would miss him

got this pic just now and I just. I dunno. I lost it for a bit.

god dammit.

EDIT: forgot to mention. I got Ms Lisa’s permission to share the pic btw.

Attachments

• 3E2C9B26-19C8-45C8-A12D-1FCC2C006FDC.jpeg
    3E2C9B26-19C8-45C8-A12D-1FCC2C006FDC.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I wanna see him do a Jack Nicholson impression, he's got the eyebrows. It's good to see he was surrounded by loved ones during his final months, both in person and virtually.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Last night. I texted Jim’s phone. Just saying a final goodbye. Letting him know how much everyone would miss him

got this pic just now and I just. I dunno. I lost it for a bit.

god dammit.

EDIT: forgot to mention. I got Ms Lisa’s permission to share the pic btw.
Are those his kids?

cb1111

Guys, we may be getting a new member here - Jim's ex - who wanted to read this thread. Even though she was his ex, she was his best friend and helped him as much as she could. This is even harder on her and she is happy to know that he was loved here and respected. Please welcome her.

Lisa - welcome. Sorry we had to meet this way.

cb1111

No. New Year’s Day at the hospice. They were part of the staff. I’d always ask if they were treating him right cuz I was nervous. U always hear about abuse and shit in these homes but according to Jim they were all nice folks
Yeah, I asked him the same questions

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Guys, we may be getting a new member here - Jim's ex - who wanted to read this thread. Even though she was his ex, she was his best friend and helped him as much as she could. This is even harder on her and she is happy to know that he was loved here and respected. Please welcome her.

Lisa - welcome. Sorry we had to meet this way.
That’s awesome!

Welcome to the forums Ms Lisa! thanks for sending that pic earlier. I totally appreciated the conversation. Thanks for granting us permission to share the pictures too