GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Just a tiny update here, parts arrived over the weekend. Well, more like my tires for my Belak wheels. Now the front slicks are the ET Pro Drag Radial slicks by MT, which are tubeless, instead of tubed bias-ply slicks and there's a reason why. According to Mickey Thompson, the Pro Drag Radials are the fastest drag tires on the strip. The radial design allows for less rolling resistance for better ET’s, zero growth for predictable gear ratios, and compounded for maximum traction. I also talked to one of their tire techs and because my car is no more than 3000 lbs, FWD with a lot of hp, the Pro Drag Radials would be better.

20220905_123437.jpg

20220905_123306.jpg

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Can't wait to see that setup on the car..

Do you have an estimated arrival date for the car yet?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Can't wait to see that setup on the car..

Do you have an estimated arrival date for the car yet?
I wish I did. The transmission still has to go in. Then we need to measure the shift strokes so I can get my sequential shifter. It's a requirement for the shifter because not all dog boxes will have OEM shifts. Also, my PDC hood and rear hatch won't arrive till mid October, supposedly.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Finally, after a 2 year wait it's finally here! I say 2 years because Dan mentioned the idea of building it to me 2 years ago because I asked him if he knows of a big fmic that can handle at least 900 hp for this platform. So after constantly bugging him if it's finished yet, it arrived this morning. I'll add more pictures later tonight of it without all of the bubble wrap.

20220914_184258.jpg

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
those welds are sexy!

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
update Drew......what's new?
Kind of. Last week I purchased the very last Galano intake manifold. Prior to that, I sent the owner, Chris Doumbos, an email asking when the next batch of IM's will be produced and he said that they are not making anymore and they have 1 left. So I picked it up and he included their fuel rail for free. I am also replacing all of my fuel lines, fittings, in-line fuel filter, and fpr to bigger ones. They are all size -6AN and I am changing everything to -8AN because the Galano fuel rail utilizes an -8AN fuel line. I already have all of the new stuff coming with some additional items to help with the increased fuel pressure. I am also getting my car back, unfinished, because I told my mechanic yesterday that I want my car back because I am tired of it just sitting in his shop and getting nothing done to it. He's had it for at least 7 months now with nothing done to it except for pulling the transmission. So I told him to just reinstall my transmission so I can get it back and I will do everything else myself at home. I can't have it sitting there for ever because I have so much more to do. He agreed and apologized and should be good to go by the end of the week.