GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Get one of those "Baby On Board" stickers so people stop intentionally rear ending you
I think "AK on board" on board would work better.

AR ON BOARD would work to

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Small update... I was supposed to get my car back this past Wednesday from the body shop but they had to close down in the beginning of the week due to a COVID outbreak at the shop. Fine by me because I couldn't pick it up anyway, I have the Omicron variant of COVID. Supposedly they will re-open on Monday and I can pick it up then. Also, couldn't get the carbon fiber hatch in time because of delays in supplies and shipping so maybe at a later time but I did get the Aerofabb CS rear diffuser but was told that it will take up to 6 weeks for it to arrive. My new front bumper came in time before I left for my family Christmas vacation so I was able to drop it off at the body shop for them to paint it. Was told I would have to wait 6 weeks before I can get the ceramic coating put on the new body parts along with PPF on the front bumper.

As of today, I will have all the parts for my Wavetrac to be installed. ARP was on a major delay with their bolt kit but Autotech informed me on December 23rd that they just got a fresh new batch and would send me one asap, which arrives today. That will be the next thing going in. As for the transmission, I know I want to go with a sequential shifter from SQS but that might be later down the road, like around summer time. I still have a couple of things I want to get before I switch out shifters.

Last edited:

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I swear everyone has COVID right now
That's because this variant, the Omicron, spreads a lot faster due to it being easier to get versus the Delta variant and I'm sure when the next mutation comes out that one will be worse than the Omicron. Out of my wife and our 2 kids, I was the only one that tested positive and we are all fully vaccinated (I know you can still get it being vaccinated, it just reduces the symptoms) but I don't want to pollute my build thread with COVID talk. That's what that one thread is for in the "Off-topic" section.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Got these back today. They weren’t too bad at all, but you can definitely see which one was that bad cylinder.
Hope you feel better
A1499875-1016-4C79-BD3B-21E014DB347D.jpeg

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
After getting my car back from the body shop on the 13th, I swapped out the OEM DV with a Forge BOV. @Diggs24 I know how you feel about these but there's a reason why I did it. After talking to a few people, outside of this forum, with big builds running high boost found out that I want to vent my kind of high boost (39.5 - 41 psi) instead of recirculating it because it gives less shock and stress to the turbo and prevents surging. Also, it's supposed to hold boost better than the OEM DV because it's a sealed piston with O-rings versus the plastic on metal seal with the DV along with a weak spring. I am using the red spring in the BOV which is their strongest spring rated for 30+ psi. So we'll see how it does once the weather gets better out here so I can go get some logs.

20220117_104118b.jpg

I also changed out my air intake from COBB to IE last month because 1) I got the IE intake for nearly half off and 2) it has 3.5 inch tubing (more flow) versus the 3 inch tubing on the COBB which makes the IE intake so much easier to attach to my DBV2 TIP. Plus it also has the passenger side already blocked off where the COBB intake didn't. I also added the passenger side air vent in the new front grille.

20220117_104200.jpg

20220117_104257.jpg

Last edited:

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Some big power changes are coming in the next couple of months! Dan (DBV2) put the order in for me this past Sunday and it shipped out yesterday. Last night I purchased the following...

DBV2 Order.jpg

Now let's see how many can guess correctly what I have coming.