GOLFMKV

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Marines for me, Superfreak is a play on SF: Semper Fidelis

sorry for the thread jack. Awesome build info @JerseyDrew77
Hey, no worries. My middle brother, me being the oldest, is a former Marine and is on full disability. He was stop-loss back when that was a thing during his tour in Iraq. He was part of that first Marine wave back in 2003.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Hey, no worries. My middle brother, me being the oldest, is a former Marine and is on full disability. He was stop-loss back when that was a thing during his tour in Iraq. He was part of that first Marine wave back in 2003.

Feel that pain. Was 63 days from ETS, 3 days from cashing out my terminal leave, when I got pulled into my 1SG’s office and handed my stop loss orders.

Shiiiiiit

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Feel that pain. Was 63 days from ETS, 3 days from cashing out my terminal leave, when I got pulled into my 1SG’s office and handed my stop loss orders.

Shiiiiiit
They stop lossed me after I deployed to OIF I…..I was like “you son of a “

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
They stop lossed me after I deployed to OIF I…..I was like “you son of a “

At least I got the green weenie before I went downrange.

Reupped for Japan as soon as we got stabilized in Baghdad for that bonus money. Then I was about 5mo till my new ETS and they put me on orders for the next thing smoking back to the sandbox. You’ll need to “reenlist or extend to meet the orders” Yeh, fuck that.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
So yesterday morning I dropped my car off at the body shop. Also ordered the competition series rear diffuser from Aerofabb and I'll get reimbursed for it. I had to order it right away because after talking to Rich, it will take up to 6 weeks for it to come in which is fine because I can install that myself once I get it. I was also going to replace my OEM hatch with a carbon fiber one from Premium Deutsch Carbon but the quickest they could get it to me won't be until the mid - end of January via air frieght which is an additional $450 on top of the shipping cost. Depending on how long it will take for an OEM hatch to be delivered, will be the deciding factor. PDC originally told me it would take 3 - 4 months to deliver it by boat but after talking to them, they can air frieght it over with UPS for me, just will cost a lot more. Also my front bumper finally arrived yesterday but it's missing one of the end paltes (part #5GM-853-950-9B9). I'm just going to drop the bumper cover off at the body shop so they can paint it and then I'll install all of the plastic pieces. Once my car is all repaired, I have to wait 60 days till I can get the new pieces ceramic coated along with PPF on the front bumper.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Awesome update Drew!

sucks for the wait due the carbon hatch…. Really hoping you can pull that in!

Love what the accident will allow you to do

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Awesome update Drew!

sucks for the wait due the carbon hatch…. Really hoping you can pull that in!

Love what the accident will allow you to do
If things do align with one another for the hatch, I would just have to pay the difference. People just need to stop rear-ending me because I hate not being able to drive my car.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Get one of those "Baby On Board" stickers so people stop intentionally rear ending you

That would probably make people do it more often...

A few winters ago when I had my Altima, I was rear ended twice in a week. Told the second guy he lucked out, as I already had an appointment to get my rear bumper replaced.