GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Lol... Hey, to be fair, I'm only 44 but due to multiple deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan and this last one to Afghan in 2014 fucked up my lower back (yeah, thanks Taliban, you fucking assholes), my body is broken which has put me on pain management and multiple surgeries ever since.

Dude, I'm only 37 without back issues, and half the nights I go "Ehhh, it's 10:30 and I'm really too lazy to go out and get logs... I'll do it tomorrow" 🤣

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Sorry guys, didn't go out last night. My old broken ass fell asleep on the couch (back pain meds) and when I woke up, it was after 0230 in the morning. I did swap setups so if the rain holds off tonight or doesn't start till late tonight, then I will try again tonight.

1639837932594.png

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Lol... Hey, to be fair, I'm only 44 but due to multiple deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan and this last one to Afghan in 2014 fucked up my lower back (yeah, thanks Taliban, you fucking assholes), my body is broken which has put me on pain management and multiple surgeries ever since.
Duude, thanks for serving! I lament my jumping out of 7-tons when training for “contact” drills. Wtf was that about, I only went outside the wire once! Fucking war, lol. Hopefully you’ve filed for disability and getting some compensation for sacrificing your body. I need to go file one of these days.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
That'll do it. Even though you have been through body altering events age is a factor. I am 43 and am a bit slower to recover working out and drinking versus 20 years ago. I will also say comfort and a slower pace is becoming more appealing at this stage in my life.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
37 checking in. Stayed up suuuper late last night playing Halo CE (yeah the first one) until 11pm. I wish I could sneak out for the occasional late night pulls. Little kiddos prevent that from happening haha.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Duude, thanks for serving! I lament my jumping out of 7-tons when training for “contact” drills. Wtf was that about, I only went outside the wire once! Fucking war, lol. Hopefully you’ve filed for disability and getting some compensation for sacrificing your body. I need to go file one of these days.
Yeah I'm near the end of my enlistment and about to retire so recently I did put in my first claim and got 50% for my PTSD. My next big claims will be for my back, neck, right knee, and left shoulder.

That'll do it. Even though you have been through body altering events age is a factor. I am 43 and am a bit slower to recover working out and drinking versus 20 years ago. I will also say comfort and a slower pace is becoming more appealing at this stage in my life.
Yeah, getting older sucks. My mind still thinks I can do the things I was able to 20 years ago but my body disagrees.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
My boss is an ex-marine who's pushing 60, whenever we go out he'll stay out drinking till 2am - 3am, get absolutely hammered, then be up at 6:30 like nothing happened. I usually tap out at midnight, and have to hear the "This happened after 12" stories the next morning. No idea how he can still do that. It's wild.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Yeah I'm near the end of my enlistment and about to retire so recently I did put in my first claim and got 50% for my PTSD. My next big claims will be for my back, neck, right knee, and left shoulder.

Yeah, getting older sucks. My mind still thinks I can do the things I was able to 20 years ago but my body disagrees.
Damn. Talk about self sacrifice. I have some shit but not all that. Neck and tinnitus I guess. I should really file. I don’t do what I used to but still enjoy being able bodied. I don’t have any kids so ijdgaf, lol. Just glad I’m not fat.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
My boss is an ex-marine who's pushing 60, whenever we go out he'll stay out drinking till 2am - 3am, get absolutely hammered, then be up at 6:30 like nothing happened. I usually tap out at midnight, and have to hear the "This happened after 12" stories the next morning. No idea how he can still do that. It's wild.
Lol, no such thing as an ex-Marine! Yeah I thought that the Marines would help me become a better drinker. Wrong! I always leave early :(

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Is he Irish?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
1639879617936.gif

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I’ve considered filing for disability..,,Bradley jacked up my hearing, but never got anything documented…..so much for “sucking it up and driving on”.

@Corprin is stupid knowledgeable about this stuff…walked me through a ton and put me in touch with WWP.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I’ve considered filing for disability..,,Bradley jacked up my hearing, but never got anything documented…..so much for “sucking it up and driving on”.

@Corprin is stupid knowledgeable about this stuff…walked me through a ton and put me in touch with WWP.

I’m here to help an vet if they want/need assistance with the shit show that is the VA. If I don’t know the answer I’ll get you in contact with someone that does.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R