GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Drew....took some time off from this place and just catching back up......DANG bro.....between the pump issue, tires and the BBK scrape.....I'm just sorry...that sucks.

I can give your HR spacers back.....haven't used them.....just PM me.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Drew....took some time off from this place and just catching back up......DANG bro.....between the pump issue, tires and the BBK scrape.....I'm just sorry...that sucks.

I can give your HR spacers back.....haven't used them.....just PM me.
Thanks Scott but I'm good. The ones that I gave you are too big, 15mm and 20mm. Besides, yesterday I ordered a pair of H&R 10mm spacers which should be plenty.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Sorry to hear about the brakes. It happened to me years ago and I didn't notice until I heard a continuous clicking and realized my wheel was disappearing and loose.
I never ran R888r but I always thought they were bigger. I was planning on running a set next year because they discontinued the RE71R.

20200415_165208.jpg

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Sorry to hear about the brakes. It happened to me years ago and I didn't notice until I heard a continuous clicking and realized my wheel was disappearing and loose.
I never ran R888r but I always thought they were bigger. I was planning on running a set next year because they discontinued the RE71R.

View attachment 216333
Those are track tires and the sidewalls go past the lip. The RE71R's were my original choice but decided to get the R888R's because a lot of people say they are pretty sticky. I should have stuck with my first pick. Oh well...

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Today I purchased, yet another lpfp, for my car. This will be the third time I am upgrading it. Started with a Precision Raceworks 450, then to a Pag Parts 525, now back to a Precision Raceworks pump with their stage 4 which is a dual 450 pump. This next pump should be my last because according to PR, the stage 4 is rated for 1000 whp on E85. Once I install it, then Ed will be able to retune my car for more power.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Today I purchased, yet another lpfp, for my car. This will be the third time I am upgrading it. Started with a Precision Raceworks 450, then to a Pag Parts 525, now back to a Precision Raceworks pump with their stage 4 which is a dual 450 pump. This next pump should be my last because according to PR, the stage 4 is rated for 1000 whp on E85. Once I install it, then Ed will be able to retune my car for more power.
Selling the 525? Interested.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
So the other night, when I did this 2nd - 4th gear WOT pull, immediately after I was done, I hear this loud whining noise coming from the engine. My initial thought was that the turbo just went on me. On my way home I tried flooring it and it worked just fine without any issues or codes popping up. When I got home and popped the hood, the sound was coming from the front of the engine down by the oil filter. The next day, I brought my car back to my buddy's shop, who rebuilt my engine, and he used his stethoscope to pinpoint where the sound was coming from and it's the alternator and this damn little thing isn't cheap. Retail price for a new one is $1000! $1000 for a fucking alternator??? I can't believe it costs that much for a damn alternator. A refurbished one, which I am getting, varies in cost from $400 to $700 and if bought online, it will take a while to be delivered so he ordered one from the local dealership which will arrive this Thursday or Friday. Then, on top of that, Ed reviewed my log and told me that my LPFP (Pag Parts 525) is at its limit and will hinder us from turning up the power. My car hasn't been retuned yet and is still on it's old tune. I thought the PP 525 pump was good to handle mid to high 500's hp but I guess not. So I talked to Arnold this morning and he is making some revisions to his 525 pump but told me that I need to go with his brushless pump. Great, so now more money I need to spend after just getting my car back not that long ago. Anyways, here's the log for your viewing, Diggs...

2nd - 4th gear WOT pull

Update on this issue because it is now fixed. After replacing the alternator, the sound was still there and it wasn't easy pinpointing where the sound was coming from. Underneath the car, it sounded like it was coming from the oil pan and thought that it could be the oil pump. So we replaced that as well and the sound was still there. So the next thing we tried was investigating the timing chain area and sure enough, we found where it was coming from. It was this damn sprocket that was slightly loose, as in 1 mm. Where it was located, there was no way for it to fall out but enough room for it to get a tiny bit loose and cause some backlash. VW applies a friction coating on the face of it and within the sleeve and if the bolt that holds it in place get loose, the sprocket will then start to spin and that's why I kept hearing this loud whining sound.

20210715_153805.jpg

20210715_153744.jpg

20210715_153720.jpg

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Also, I now have everything for my Stage 4 LPFP. I was just waiting on the one connection piece for my ethanol sensor, which is in the top left corner.

20210721_104313.jpg

Dual 450 pumps in a new basket.

20210721_104355.jpg

Not sure exactly when this will be going in but I need to get it in soon so that Ed can retune my car and see how far we can push my current turbo. Oh and these Proxes R888R tires are my new go to tires for the summer because they are awesome for grip on the streets. My car doesn't spin at all in 2nd or 3rd when flooring it and if I punch it from a dig, I might get a chirp out of them but that's it.