GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Dan does have the V3 TBB available which will get me there but before I switch, I want to see how far I can push my V2.
I gotcha. I havent seen any data on the v3 yet. The only data I've seen is a shop that uses nitrous paired with it.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Sweet baby Jesus! What car is that on? I have seen data from Dan's S3, which has it along with a built motor.
It’s a South America car, did over 700hp on the v3 with spray. It’s an insane nitrous setup too, looks like a 2 stage and it’s standalone fueling.

Also looks to spray WMI, lol

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
It’s a South America car, did over 700hp on the v3 with spray. It’s an insane nitrous setup too, looks like a 2 stage and it’s standalone fueling.

Also looks to spray WMI, lol
Yeah lol its freaking insane. At that point I don't think you're getting solid data from any turbo. That shop does some pretty insane work though. They just casually have the fastest mk7 on earth

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
What's the name of the shop?
I don't remember but I think its on his Instagram which I don't have. If you check on there you'll find it but its pretty insane. Somewhere in south America in a Latin country

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Here's the latest addition to my car. Ordered it last Friday and it arrived on Monday the 18th. Can't believe it only took 4 days to arrive from London! That's faster than most companies stateside. My previous DP was 3 inches made by MAPerformance and it was a good one. Never had an issue with it, fitment was spot on, and it was loud, especially when I floored it. Also, drone was pretty loud when cruising at certain speeds. The Trackslag DP is 4 inches at the 180 degree curve, then 3.5 inches down to the flex joint and then 3 inches for the rest of the pipe. The main thing that I noticed with it was the sound, it's not as loud and the drone isn't as bad as my previous DP which is good. Also, like others have mentioned, my turbo spools up quicker with the Trackslag so now I have a longer powerband. In the end, definitely happy that I made the switch.

20210118_123212.jpg

20210118_123228.jpg

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Nice. I’ve been eyeing this for a while now. What’s the rest of the exhaust setup?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Did you have to do any cutting to mate them up?

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, it didn't mate up perfectly so had to make some modifications using the mid-pipe from my old dp.
What made you not go with dans 3.5 inch downpipe? And how much better is the spool in terms of rpms

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
What made you not go with dans 3.5 inch downpipe? And how much better is the spool in terms of rpms

To be honest, the price. Even though he has a great welder, I just couldn't make myself spend that kind of money on a downpipe.

Now for the spool, I haven't logged anything yet to see how much better it is, but I would say anywhere from 300 - 500 rpms quicker.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
To be honest, the price. Even though he has a great welder, I just couldn't make myself spend that kind of money on a downpipe.

Now for the spool, I haven't logged anything yet to see how much better it is, but I would say anywhere from 300 - 500 rpms quicker.
I didn't see if you mentioned it but will that DP pass emissions? If no what do you do when you have an emissions test?