GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Drew.....holy crap......this just keeps getting better!!! Very impressive bro!
Thanks bro! Going for that 1/4 mile record so I need to do everything and anything.

What I can't wait for is for my sequential shifter to be in my car and I can drive it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Thanks bro! Going for that 1/4 mile record so I need to do everything and anything.

What I can't wait for is for my sequential shifter to be in my car and I can drive it.

What is the current record?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
What there to be left out that matters in the end though?

Even if he was Sneak running nitrous ( doubtful) it’s still the record for an mqb gti while still running a e888.3

9.998 was with a stock block running ragged but that last 9.7 was with the block built.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

Even if he was Sneak running nitrous ( doubtful) it’s still the record for an mqb gti while still running a e888.3

9.998 was with a stock block running ragged but that last 9.7 was with the block built.
Isn't that the whole point tho? Wouldn't be "sneaky" otherwise

In all seriousness, it depends on if he refers to it as "mqb record" vs "gti record" etc

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

That first time, stock block, fine, I can believe that, but stock trans, and stock lpfp? C'mon man, really!? Next you're gonna tell me he's full interior.

If he does, or already has done, an AWD swap then he can't claim a GTI record.

Last edited:

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I just like how people are upset because it's Eurodyne.

I'm excited to see what Drew can do when his is up and running. Feels like it's been taking forever. The MK9 will be out soon. :poop:
Honestly, I could care less who tunes his care or what tuning software he uses.

Yeah, I know it's been taking a long time but that's because I don't own a car shop like that other guy. If I did then I could spend most of the day building my car and get it done a lot faster.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Isn't that the whole point tho? Wouldn't be "sneaky" otherwise

In all seriousness, it depends on if he refers to it as "mqb record" vs "gti record" etc

IMS is doing a DAZA/AWD swap into a GTI. Should be that be able to complete since it's "GTI"?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
That first time, stock block, fine, I can believe that, but stock trans, and stock lpfp? C'mon man, really!? Next you're gonna tell me he's full interior.

If he does, or already has done, an AWD swap then he can't claim a GTI record.
No, they never attempted to say it wasn’t anything short of fully gutted race car, nore did they ever try to lie about the setup and even if they did it really don’t matter as it’s still a 2.0 that has a track run recorded record.

Stock lpfp only feeds a trunk mounts surge tank with a much larger pump in there actually feeding the fueling requirements, if it were say a full mile run then at that point I’m sure you would see the stock lpfp get taxed to keep up, but for a 1/4 run the in tank lpfp would be doing light work to fill the rear cell.

Iroz ran that 9.5 years ago in a stock dq250 trans with the upgraded clutch’s also though, so it’s not hard to believe that part either.

Either way if you want the record for 2.0 mqb gti you’ll have to beat 9.771. His latest post noted that he’s running a bigger turbo and the tires he’s showed still have some skinnies too, so if he’s still FWD and trying to get it faster that 9.771 may not be the bench mark for long.

If it’s any consolation i still would give your car the personal trophy regardless of the 1/4 times cause it’s not white and it’s still gonna have 3 pedals and requires your right hand to work!

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
No, they never attempted to say it wasn’t anything short of fully gutted race car, nore did they ever try to lie about the setup and even if they did it really don’t matter as it’s still a 2.0 that has a track run recorded record.

Stock lpfp only feeds a trunk mounts surge tank with a much larger pump in there actually feeding the fueling requirements, if it were say a full mile run then at that point I’m sure you would see the stock lpfp get taxed to keep up, but for a 1/4 run the in tank lpfp would be doing light work to fill the rear cell.

Iroz ran that 9.5 years ago in a stock dq250 trans with the upgraded clutch’s also though, so it’s not hard to believe that part either.

Either way if you want the record for 2.0 mqb gti you’ll have to beat 9.771. His latest post noted that he’s running a bigger turbo and the tires he’s showed still have some skinnies too, so if he’s still FWD and trying to get it faster that 9.771 may not be the bench mark for long.

If it’s any consolation i still would give your car the personal trophy regardless of the 1/4 times cause it’s not white and it’s still gonna have 3 pedals and requires your right hand to work!
Thanks El, I'll remember that when I am at the drag strip. Lol...

Where are you getting the car's info from? Because I'm not seeing it on his IG.