GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
You better get to racing...šŸ¤‘
Lol... The weather is a bit too cold right now so going to wait till things warm up. Plus, I have my eyes on a set of some Belak wheels that I'm looking to purchase. 15 x 9 beadlocks for the front and 15 x 3.5 skinnies for the rear.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Yesterday, on my way home from work with normal driving, my wastegate crapped out on me. Kept getting the famous P00AF EPC code no matter how many times I would clear it and just to confirm, got under my car last night to see if I could manually move the arm and nothing. So I ordered a new one this morning and will be driving like a grandma till it comes in.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I now have a secondary vehicle that I am using as my daily driver which is my wife's 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee because over the weekend she bought a brand new Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited which is bigger than her old Jeep. It has 3 rows of seating versus the 2 in the old Jeep and the Limited has so much technology in it that it was a no brainer for us. So now I can start removing everything out of the inside to my GTI and make it a true tin can and then install a roll cage. Once I start doing that I will post pics of the progress.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I guess I fall into that 1% of the 1%? You know if I could lend you my car, I would but until I get a second car for daily driving, I have to DD mine.

now you can drive to Jake's house, and drop her off!

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Here are some pictures of the Jeep. The exterior color is Diamond Black Crystal Pearl and the interior is Global Black / Wicker Beige leather. The wheels are 20 x 8.5 with 265/50R20 all-season tires from Bridgestone, which are ok tires but I'll be replacing them with something better when the time comes. The entertainment system has a 10.1 inch touch screen and the sound system is an Alpine audio system with 9 amplified speakers, a subwoofer, and a 506 watt amplifier and it has a digital dash. I'm not big on Jeeps, my wife is, but damn this thing is nice so I'm happy for her. The dealership decided to put this big ass red bow on it after having it cleaned. Don't ask me why, it's just something they do, I guess.

IMG_3160.jpg

IMG_3162.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

Grand-Cherokee-L.jpg

Almost forgot, I also had this product show up over the weekend...

20220206_163342.jpg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Here are some pictures of the Jeep. The exterior color is Diamond Black Crystal Pearl and the interior is Global Black / Wicker Beige leather. The wheels are 20 x 8.5 with 265/50R20 all-season tires from Bridgestone, which are ok tires but I'll be replacing them with something better when the time comes. The entertainment system has a 10.1 inch touch screen and the sound system is an Alpine audio system with 9 amplified speakers, a subwoofer, and a 506 watt amplifier and it has a digital dash. I'm not big on Jeeps, my wife is, but damn this thing is nice so I'm happy for her. The dealership decided to put this big ass red bow on it after having it cleaned. Don't ask me why, it's just something they do, I guess.

View attachment 238428
View attachment 238429
View attachment 238430
View attachment 238431
View attachment 238432

Almost forgot, I also had this product show up over the weekend...
Jeep is beautiful and I really like the dashboard then I skip to the signature line and drool over the 584 HP of the GTI.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Man, I can not get a break with these weak ass throw out bearings. I'm getting sick and tired of going through these like nothing. I went out last night to get some test runs in from a dig and on the first pull, when I shifted into 4th, a second or two after going into 4th my shifter popped out of gear with a metal grinding/clunking sound like something metal was spinning around rattling. Had to have my car towed on a flatbed to my buddy's shop last night and he was able to get started on it this morning. The original TOB that came with my clutch, which was a plastic one, lasted for almost a year before failing which we replaced just recently with an all metal TOB and that one was short lived. It only lasted a couple of weeks before failing. So now I'm looking at a hydraulic TOB made by Clutch Masters and SPEC to compare the two because there are not that many reviews out there for both and so far those are the only two hydraulic ones I can find. I need to find something that will last and be able to take the hard shifts till I can get a sequential shifter put in.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Man, I can not get a break with these weak ass throw out bearings. I'm getting sick and tired of going through these like nothing. I went out last night to get some test runs in from a dig and on the first pull, when I shifted into 4th, a second or two after going into 4th my shifter popped out of gear with a metal grinding/clunking sound like something metal was spinning around rattling. Had to have my car towed on a flatbed to my buddy's shop last night and he was able to get started on it this morning. The original TOB that came with my clutch, which was a plastic one, lasted for almost a year before failing which we replaced just recently with an all metal TOB and that one was short lived. It only lasted a couple of weeks before failing. So now I'm looking at a hydraulic TOB made by Clutch Masters and SPEC to compare the two because there are not that many reviews out there for both and so far those are the only two hydraulic ones I can find. I need to find something that will last and be able to take the hard shifts till I can get a sequential shifter put in.
I feel your pain brother, it really donā€™t surprise me that this happens though, regardless of the mk6 all meta Version or the regular plastic version they were always designed and torture tested for a much lower spring tensioned pressure plate when they were designed.

Spec has the same sleeve style as CM? Or is it oem design thatā€™s noted as ā€œupgradedā€?

Last edited:

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I feel your pain brother, it really donā€™t surprise me that this happens though, regardless of the mk6 all meta Version or the regular plastic version they were always designed and torture tested for a much lower spring tensioned pressure plate when they were designed.

Spec has the same sleeve style as CM? Or is it oem design thatā€™s noted as ā€œupgradedā€?
SPEC has the same design as the CM one.

How far out is the Sequential?
I can't put a hard date on it at the momment because I'm still researching other companies. I've already talked to the techs over at SQS so just seeing what other companies have as well.