GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Are you expecting them to re-engineer a free plate just for you? :rolleyes:

I don't think USP has ever made promises regarding aftermarket turbos on these. For obvious reasons, I'd think.

I don't know of any PCV solution on these cars that isn't a wear item for motors over 29 psi. Spulen is at least available as a separate plate. I'm considering just using FCP euro for OE BL PCV, though when those fail from high boost the oil isn't just on the top :/
Sure, why the fuck not, brah. All it is, is probably just a thicker seal/material and if it works, they can start mass producing them for us that have high hp VW's. It's called trial and error with their R&D team.

OEM is a wear item but these aftermarket ones are supposed to last a lot longer than the OEM crap.

Last edited:

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Sure, why the fuck not, brah. All it is, is probably just a thicker seal/material and if it works, they can start mass producing them for us that have high hp VW's. It's called trial and error with their R&D team.

OEM is a wear item but these aftermarket ones are supposed to last a lot longer than the OEM crap.
Trial and error is no good, it's called an "iterative design process"

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Heh. If they actually did this, people would immediately complain about "using customers as beta testers."

Have you tracked down the leak? It seems like it's usually the seal between the main part of the plate and the outlet? Mine had a spot of oil a couple months ago but never showed up again. Going to tear it apart eventually but seems to be working fine atm.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
BL went to shit in 5k for me. Good luck. I'd try APR.

Do you mean the apr full catch can?

Granted I don't have an issue at 23psi, but been considering a dyno tune to get the most out of all the money spent on hpfp, ethanol sensor, hpa upgraded is38 etc

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Heh. If they actually did this, people would immediately complain about "using customers as beta testers."

Have you tracked down the leak? It seems like it's usually the seal between the main part of the plate and the outlet? Mine had a spot of oil a couple months ago but never showed up again. Going to tear it apart eventually but seems to be working fine atm.
Once I get a second, correction, third plate and swap them out, then I will take it apart to see what failed.

BL went to shit in 5k for me. Good luck. I'd try APR.
I'm not going to buy another whole system. I'm just looking for the plate and so far I haven't found a vendor that just has the APR plate for sale.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Have you tried speaking with APR directly. They have sold me parts separately from a complete setup before.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Have you tried speaking with APR directly. They have sold me parts separately from a complete setup before.
I spoke to APR yesterday and they said that they will sell me just the plate but their systems are down right now and I should try calling back this Friday.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
In my spare time, what little I have, last night I installed a fuel pressure gauge onto my fuel pressure regulator and used VCDS to adjust my LPFP Actual Pressure up to 6.3 bar, which is around 92.5 psi, because it was a bit low. After initially setting it with VCDS, making adjustments is easy with the FPR and having a gauge right there just makes it even easier.

20210915_120211.jpg

20210915_120222.jpg

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Yes. Ed wanted me to set it to 90 psi. I can monitor it with the AP when driving but if making any kind of adjustments, I'll do it using the FPR.,
Why are you not running a boost reference? It would lower in vacuum and raise whatever boost you are running.