GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I didn't see if you mentioned it but will that DP pass emissions? If no what do you do when you have an emissions test?

I've never had to do an emissions test while living in VA and my previous downpipe was catless. All they do is inspect the exhaust system.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
To be honest, the price. Even though he has a great welder, I just couldn't make myself spend that kind of money on a downpipe.

Now for the spool, I haven't logged anything yet to see how much better it is, but I would say anywhere from 300 - 500 rpms quicker.
Id be interested to see the difference in a log. I might switch to this downpipe to help spool on my setup but I already have bull x downpipe which is 3.5 at the start so it may not be as noticeable as what you see since you started with a 3in dp

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Most all are reporting 300-500rpm sooner.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
That was on the same tune.

I still have to install the MPI then we will be finishing up the tuning then.
I know it spools sooner because of the 4" part. If I was to get the Cat version of the DP would that negate the earlier spool? I'm just tired of smelling the fumes from my no cat DP.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Id be interested to see the difference in a log. I might switch to this downpipe to help spool on my setup but I already have bull x downpipe which is 3.5 at the start so it may not be as noticeable as what you see since you started with a 3in dp

Sad that I have this dp and never realized it was 3.5". Just assumed they were all 3". Got it for the HJS cat

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
If it is the catless with 3.5" bend then the difference is probably not that big. My Milltek has a 5" cat mounted close to the turbo and would probably spool late on a laggy hybrid.
I know it spools sooner because of the 4" part. If I was to get the Cat version of the DP would that negate the earlier spool? I'm just tired of smelling the fumes from my no cat DP.
I think trackslag mounts a 5" high quality cat down below so flow should not be an issue there, but since it wont see as much heat it would still smell more and might clog easier if you run that nasty orange octane booster compared to a big cat close to the turbo. Mine smells on cold start aswell but not after that.