GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
That's definitely looking pretty bad in #1 and #4. What are your plans for building your block? What are your power goals?

I know that IE/APR cancelled their Pre-assembled race engine programs. Are you going to do the machine work yourself?

Integrated Engineering, JE Pistons, and Mahle Motorsport are all good routes.. Good luck my bro

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
It will happen under boost at speed. Not enough that he will see heavy smoke.

I only ever see black smoke initially, not sure how you would see anything white in that.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
That's definitely looking pretty bad in #1 and #4. What are your plans for building your block? What are your power goals?

I know that IE/APR cancelled their Pre-assembled race engine programs. Are you going to do the machine work yourself?

Integrated Engineering, JE Pistons, and Mahle Motorsport are all good routes.. Good luck my bro

If you go to my very first post, where all of my parts are listed, at the bottom of the list you will see all of the parts that I have for my build and in my opening statement, the power goal levels that I'm going for are in the 600's. All of the machine work will be done at a machine shop because I am not messing around with that stuff. I'll leave that to the pros.

Even if IE/APR were still selling their engines, I would not buy one. They were way overpriced and from what I've heard, didn't have the best track record for reliability. How true that latter part is, I don't know, it's just what I've heard.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Forgot to add the pics of my spark plugs to the borescope videos. As you can see, cylinders 1 & 4 plugs are a little wet with oil on the threads near the top while cylinders 2 & 3 plugs are dry.

Cylinder 1
Cylinder 1.jpg

Cylinder 2
Cylinder 2.jpg

Cylinder 3
Cylinder 3.jpg

Cylinder 4
Cylinder 4.jpg

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Don't look too bad and they've been firing good.

Oh I know, which is why I'm not going to lose any sleep over my engine's current condition. To be honest, I have no idea how long it's been like this because my car has been running fine without any issues so now that I know, I'll be taking it easy till I drop it off.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI

Attachments

• IMG_8017.JPG
    IMG_8017.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 116
  • 36470805-0472-41F5-91B6-B161EE82E1C5.jpeg
    36470805-0472-41F5-91B6-B161EE82E1C5.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 116

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
no more WOT pulls for me

But what if a straight piped crackle tune GTI attempts to give you a ricer flyby...?

On a more serious note, sorry your motor is on it’s last legs. Hopefully you can get your built motor underway soon and get on that 600 number!

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
But what if a straight piped crackle tune GTI attempts to give you a ricer flyby...?

On a more serious note, sorry your motor is on it’s last legs. Hopefully you can get your built motor underway soon and get on that 600 number!

Lol... It's all good because better things are coming.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
What turbo are you trying to run to get to the 600whp mark?