GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

//JDane07// Pure White, 2 Door GTI build

JDane07

Ready to race!
Hey everyone!
Always wanted to do a 'build' thread, so going to do my best to keep this thread updated with everything I do for the car.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm coming from a 2006 BMW 330i e90, and was an active member over at e90post. Here's my old ride:

That car was just giving me a headache from all the $$$ going into repairs and maintenance. So I committed to selling it, and did so within about a 2 week period.

I was debating what car I wanted next, and eventually landed on the GTI (was cross-shopping between WRX's, BRZ's, etc).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted a 2016 GTI in 2 door, 6MT, with the Lighting Package. I was going back and forth between white and red, but finally settled on white and found the perfect one.

3/5/2016

At the dealer:

I told myself I was going to keep this damn car stock and not buy parts, but I have already failed miserably within the first 4-5 weeks.

FIRST POST 4/11/2016

+ First up was the Euro Headlight Switch which I found on eBay for a killer dealer. I wanted this for the sole reason of using the fogs with the 'U' LED's.

+ I'm a huge fan of LED's, so next up was replacing the yellow license plate lights. Picked the complete housing LED's from deAutokey.

+ I knew all along I wanted to upgrade the rear tail lights to LED's; I just didn't think I'd do it 3 weeks into ownership. Found a deal for a set of Dark Cherry LED Tail Lights, and didn't think twice about purchasing them.

+ Continuing with the trend of LED-ing ALL THE THINGS, I ordered up some red LED footwell lights from deAutokey (LOVE these guys... Seriously the best). These lights look so incredibly awesome at night.

+ So today, 04/11/2016, my brother started helping me with filling the holes in my front bumper from the license plate.

Still have a bit of work to do with the front bumper. Going to be picking up some actual Pure White touchup paint from VW, re-sanding, applying new paint, and polishing it up. But even right now, it is such an improvement over how it was before.

+ Next up is wheels. I was really debating going the aftermarket route (like I always do), but I'm wanting to keep my GTI OEM+
So I found a deal for some OEM 18" Velos wheels, in the diamond black finish. I'll be getting these soon, and updating when mounted!

Stay tuned for future updates! Thanks for reading everyone :)

Last edited:

JDane07

Ready to race!
Update 4/13/2016

Well, continuing the trend of something new happening every single day, I figured I'd update about my wheels.

Picked them up at FedEx a little while ago:

(Panels off hatch because I just got tint done yesterday)
It wasn't till after I got everything in the car, that I realized that little shelf thing pops out lol

And out of the boxes:

I'm am absolutely loving how these look. The diamond black finish is perfect, and I can't wait to get them mounted (hopefully in the next day or two).

JD_MK7

Ready to race!
Looking good! Sub'd for updates

JDane07

Ready to race!
Nice pictures.
Wheels will look good. Are you buying a second set of tires?
Do you know the weight of the new VW wheels?

Thanks man! I'm gonna just swap over the shitty stock tires for now and wear those out. Eventually I'll upgrade to PSS or RE11's.
As far as weight, I'm not sure. They feel pretty heavy, probably in the mid 20's or so?

Looking good! Sub'd for updates

Thanks!

JDane07

Ready to race!
Update 4/14/2016

+ Got my Velos wheels mounted today! Absolutely loving how these look; the diamond black finish is perrrrrrrfect. Did a full detail on the car this evening, so only have a couple pictures. I'll be sure to get some tomorrow though.

Edit: Here's a profile shot

Last edited:

JD_MK7

Ready to race!
Cool! Time to lower a bit!?