GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Map 6 settings

importrx7

Ready to race!
I was wondering if anyone had any map 6 settings they would like to share. Please include the cars mods and octane of fuel you are using.

tsigeoff

Passed Driver's Ed
I was wondering if anyone had any map 6 settings they would like to share. Please include the cars mods and octane of fuel you are using.

Every car is different. I could give you mine and they may be wayyyyy to aggressive for your setup. Your best bet is to log map 2. Once you are done that, we can look to see what your car likes and build a map6 from that.

make sure you are looking at these parameters

rr1santos

Ready to race!
log map 2 3rd gear pull and send to George. only way to get good/safe (insert your choice of word) map 6 settings for your car.

LeoA86

Ready to race!
I'll be receiving my jb4 tomorrow. Upgrading from jb1 and testing out map 2. I hope I feel a difference. I will also be installing the t.m.d. and leyo boost hose upgrade kit.

gaveup1

Passed Driver's Ed
Ran into an interesting problem today.

I noticed yesterday that if I floor it around 40-45mph in D it will kickdown into second and it feels like the car completely falls on its face. Almost like it's hitting the rev limiter.

Today I was able to get a log of it, and it seems like the issue is the throttle closing up on me? I had traction control disabled (long press) so I wouldn't think it was traction related. I spoke with George and he was able to determine it was either traction related or the DSG slipping. This worries me because I would hope my stock golf r with just the jb4 wouldn't cause the DSG to slip. He advised to limit boost in 1st and 2nd, which seems like a solid plan and I will give it a shot on the way home tonight.

Since I'm on my phone at work I have no way to get the log up here (unless someone knows a way I don't). If someone is nice enough, I can at least email the log out.

mk7gti2.0

Ready to race!
Did you turn the starting vibration off with vcds or obdeleven? Also try doing the dsg reset with it too made a huge difference for me with my jb1 .

jmal2005

Ready to race!
Just installed the update from jb1 to jb4, set it on map 2, and wow, feels awesome! Is map 6 better?

I've been running map 2 and loving it. Swapped to map 6 out of curiosity and felt like it was a tad slower, definitely so in the lower rpm range. But I'm sure with a little bit of logging you can dial it in to be even faster than map 2 :D

I have a downpipe sitting in my garage, once that is installed I'll be dialing in a map 6

LeoA86

Ready to race!
I've been running map 2 and loving it. Swapped to map 6 out of curiosity and felt like it was a tad slower, definitely so in the lower rpm range. But I'm sure with a little bit of logging you can dial it in to be even faster than map 2 :D

I have a downpipe sitting in my garage, once that is installed I'll be dialing in a map 6

Let me fill you in on my encounter from last night. Prior to installing the Leyo full boost hose kit and t.m.d. along with the jb4; I have a Neuspeed Dp, front unitronic air damn, 034cf intake, cts turbo inlet pipe, resonator delete and the vehicle felt damn quick honestly. But after last night, a few pulls and on map two, the car put me back to the seat the first 3 gears. I was super impressed. This car feels very, very quick now. I will be getting a dyno done this weekend. Hopefully it passes (or gets close) 350whp mark. Either way, I love this car. :D The only other mod that made a difference in feel, was the down pipe. You'll love it. It's not that hard if you have a lift. Took me about 3hrs messing around with time to spare.

Last edited:

AMYI

Car(s)
GOLF R MK7
Can anyone help me ? with my Map 6 settings. I am new to JB4 and have a used unit. Not sure if the settings need refining. I have attached a log. Any help will be much appreciated.
GOLF R MK7 with no other mods

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201017-163316_JB4 Mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20201017-163316_JB4 Mobile.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 2,950
  • Screenshot_20201017-163322_JB4 Mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20201017-163322_JB4 Mobile.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 1,375
  • Screenshot_20201017-163330_JB4 Mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20201017-163330_JB4 Mobile.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 1,007
  • Screenshot_20201017-180721_JB4 Mobile.jpg