GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 - Map 4 (0-60) two times w/ launch control

infiniteend

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
I was wondering if you guys are getting similar results with a JB4 or maybe a stage 1 from APR or somewhere. I haven't actually been able to do a good pull anywhere but these are my results:

I'm using log-based but I'm thinking about getting a Dragy.

https://datazap.me/u/infiniteend/0-60-pull-1-no-shift?log=0&data=0-1-4-19-36&zoom=0-45 this run was an auto log and I had quite a bit of wheelspin here. I botched the launch by leaving the car in 1st and it had to auto-shift for me after smashing the redline... I know I feel very stupid for doing this. The car smelled like a burnt clutch for a good minute after. I also caught hella wheelspin here (on the JB4 app it said like 2.272 seconds... which seems ridiculously low... but log timing looks like closer to 3.something?)

https://datazap.me/u/infiniteend/0-60-2nd-run-uphill?log=0&data=0-1-4-19-36&zoom=0-77 this run is more recent - I turned on logging but this was an uphill run on a ramp (I guess it was sorta steep) but these are some seriously different results? On the JB4 app it says 4.275 sec. which seems more par for the course... )

Thoughts?

I'm only running an ECS catback on PS4S

Last edited:

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
If you haven’t serviced your haldex recently, I’d look into it asap. If you’re getting wheelspin then something isn’t right, should be super minor front slip (minor tire chirp) then pure grip. Anything less and you’re having haldex issues.

infiniteend

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
If you haven’t serviced your haldex recently, I’d look into it asap. If you’re getting wheelspin then something isn’t right, should be super minor front slip (minor tire chirp) then pure grip. Anything less and you’re having haldex issues.
I’ve only launched it twice, the two times stated above^. So you’re saying in good weather conditions I should have little to no wheel spin right? I’m only at 36k so I’m not sure I need a service yet but I botched the Launch on the first one so Maybe I need more data points?