GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Map 1 vs Unitronic Stage 1

jeffdemara

Ready to race!
Hi all

I know the posted power levels are quite a bit higher with a flash tune, but looking for opinions and experience from folks who have ran a Jb4 with Map 1 and then upgraded to Unitronic Stage 1 tune.

How much do you notice the increase in power? Is it worth it to potentially risk any future warranty issues should they arise?

I also have access to E85, and have considered if it would be just as beneficial to keep the JB4 and do a custom map 6 when I want to run a few litres of E85 in the tank.

jeffdemara

Ready to race!
Is warranty a concern?
If no, go Unitronic.

It seems like pretty much nobody has anything major happen with these Golf's where having warranty coverage is a big necessity. So that being said, warranty isn't a concern for me right now. It's nice to have and know it's there, but I'm willing to take a bit of risk to be able to play.

My concern is more around how much of a difference I would actually notice going from a JB4 to a Stage 1 Unitronic. Is it night and day, or just an incremental little bump in power that's noticeable, but not overly stimulating?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
If you are only using map 1, you aren't fully utilizing the jb4. Jb4 on ethanol is more powerful than flash tunes on the 1.8. A flash tune for ethanol is another story though

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD