GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Hey, I didn't know when I first posted I had to have pedal at 100. Did a few pulls this evening with pedal to the floor. It doesn't look like I'm pulling any timing throughout the rpm range

Here's the new log
https://datazap.me/u/wire55/gti-map2-dp-intake-ic?log=0
That looks better but it's odd because the throttle registered at 100% in the earlier graph and the bit I looked at with low boost. Must be a glitch. If it's a DSG, just put it in manual mode.

Try map 3 to start. I suspect that with your setup, depending on gas, you'll be able to get added boost at higher rpm to where you may need to add a bit of FOL. That said, you may just be happy with Map 3.

Wire55

Car(s)
'16 GTI S
That looks better but it's odd because the throttle registered at 100% in the earlier graph and the bit I looked at with low boost. Must be a glitch. If it's a DSG, just put it in manual mode.

Try map 3 to start. I suspect that with your setup, depending on gas, you'll be able to get added boost at higher rpm to where you may need to add a bit of FOL. That said, you may just be happy with Map 3.
I read that it has to be pedal that's at 100 but I could be wrong about that. Not sure. Will give 3 a shot and grab a log from it!

Jumbo Jetta

Car(s)
21JettaGLI S 6mt
Anybody watch humblemechanic install a jb4 and just fuckin send it map4 first try?

I'm an absolute noob, like I've changed my oil once, and I still loaded map1, looked at the log and read about it until I understood it, then ran map2.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Anybody watch humblemechanic install a jb4 and just fuckin send it map4 first try?

I'm an absolute noob, like I've changed my oil once, and I still loaded map1, looked at the log and read about it until I understood it, then ran map2.
Not the way I'd do it either but apparently Burger told him to give it a go. Won't hurt anything since all the stock VW protections are still in place and he could have got the same crash on map 3 since it's actually the more aggressive map. Gas quality may have given him the best or equal result on map 2 but he obviously didn't check or use the JB4's available logging to find out. Not familiar with the R but VW likely assumes an R owner is using at least 91 octane and has designed the stock boost closer to limits than on a GTI or 1.8 which would make MAPs 3 and 4 less of a gain over map 2, if at all, unless you have top quality 93 octane.

He's somewhere in North Carolina. If he's in the western portion, premium is 91 octane though I'd assume he's using 93 since it even indicates that on the map selector of the app.

Last edited:

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I just watched HM's Mk8 JB4 video. His app has the boost numbers on the Map buttons. Is there a new version of the app...or is that only for the Mk8? I looked for an update on my Iphone and Android phones and there is no new version.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I just watched HM's Mk8 JB4 video. His app has the boost numbers on the Map buttons. Is there a new version of the app...or is that only for the Mk8? I looked for an update on my Iphone and Android phones and there is no new version.
The iPhone version I worked on lately had boost numbers. I wouldn't get hung up on it. The numbers you see are just a pretty icon. Just make sure you have the latest firmware on the JB4. As you saw in the video, the printed boost numbers mean nothing! They started with the Map 4 map and it knocked like crazy. Just use the map that works for you.

TURBOED1

Just installed a JB4 yesterday and did a few quick map 2 pulls today. Can anyone comment on the log attached? 2017 GTI Sport. Only mods are:
ECS Silicone intake hose
ECS Turbo Inlet Elbow

Attachments

• P60_M2_R4_221030_1243.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 44

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
zumble is correct but you can go to 3 without any concern or even changing FOL. Safe enough for a few runs either way if you're that clean at 2.