GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
You'll need to run as described but the useful bits of what's there would indicate that you're OK on fuel and at the upper limit of boost add. You'll need to drop it a bit if you don't want any timing pull but what is there looks acceptable.

infiniteend

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
If it’s got my JB4 used, is it possible my settings are still from the old user even though I repaired It to my phone? Is there a way to reset to factory settings?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
If it’s got my JB4 used, is it possible my settings are still from the old user even though I repaired It to my phone? Is there a way to reset to factory settings?
Zero out the map 6, put 100 down all of the fuel bias. Set the boost safety to 25 or something.

infiniteend

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Zero out the map 6, put 100 down all of the fuel bias. Set the boost safety to 25 or something.
does it matter if i'm not on map6? i'm still actually just using Map 3 right now (esp w/ these logs)

So I set my fuel bias to 100 all the way down. I have Boost Safety at 28 per the previous user. - I think it's cause the previous user told me that he was already apr tuned so his jb4 had other settings

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I've actually never messed with the bias when not in map 6. But your fueling looks like what happens when you have a bias at 0 on a stock tune. The JB4 comes with 100 straight down from the factory. Just do it.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
If I wanted to do map 6 what would I need to get started?

infiniteend

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
I've actually never messed with the bias when not in map 6. But your fueling looks like what happens when you have a bias at 0 on a stock tune. The JB4 comes with 100 straight down from the factory. Just do it.
thanks! do you happen to have all the stock jb4 settings? like the other parameters?

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
So, I got some new Michelin PS4S last Thursday, super duper upgraded my intake with an AFE filter, and I am also taking possession of 60 gallons of e98 later today in 7 to 9 hours. If it's truly 98, then 94 octane plus 9.1Ls should give me E30. Probably won't be bang on 98, however, and 94 Octane often tests as E11 rather than E10, so maybe I aim for e25, and test stuff from there?

Really will probably want an upgraded intercooler real soon (like years ago...). Unfortunately I also need to do my dsg fluids, diff fluids, as well as front brakes and fluid... managed to convince "the boss" on the corn nectar thanks to the price of fuel, but explaining to the other half why you need to switch your transmission fluids and all that, another $600+ mod is probably out of the question.... perhaps ghetto mod an ic surface sprayer a la mighty car mods... Did they use a garden sprayer or a super soaker?

Last edited:

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Okay- to start with I put 1.5 gallons or 5.5Ls of my new ethanol in the car this afternoon.

https://datazap.me/u/johnnloki/firs...=1-3-4-5-11-14-15-18-27-28-29-36&zoom=126-210

Vendor says that this ethanol isn't cut to E85 so is more like E98, and Ultra94 tests as E11 or E12 in most cars with sensors, so you're really best to mix the E98 with E0 91 Octane (you don't say... the guy selling sugar suggests you use less honey in the recipe- lol)

I am running the same map settings as before on U94, FOL set to 60, boost limited in by 1st and 2nd because spinning ain't winning.
1500 = 2.0
2000 = 3.0
2500 = 4.0
3000 = 4.5
3500 = 5.5
4000 = 6.0
4500 = 6.5
5000 = 7.0
5500 = 7.0
6000 = 6.5
6500 = 6.5
7000 = 6.0

No Kabooms on E whatever it is. Definitely time to order a manual Etester off Amazon

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
So.... is the AFR between 42 and 45 MPH anything for me to poop my pants about?
This log is very soon after adding the Ethanol to the tank.... any sort of adjustments the ECU should need some time to auto adjust to make? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

(I can't believe how dead this thread is- Diggs? Chris? Shorty?)

danelefren

Car(s)
2015 Audi A3 Quattro
God Jul! Never seen and IE log before but I think that it compensates for weather so it runs more boost in summer, you would need better fuel though since its already pulling some timing across the board.

If you have E85 available I would start by just logging with E20, there is plenty of room to stack boost and with that timing curve you should get good gains.

3-4 psi even 5 in the midrange could be added but take it slowly logging changes since fueling will be the limiter, start with fuel bias and FOL at 0 but with your target AFR and timing curve on the IE tune I would think you need to add to both later on.
Well… Got a bit greedy with the IS20 and gave it a bit too much boost past 5K rpms and then kaboom, kissed that turbo a good bye. So, I was in a dilemma in between get another (brand new) IS20 or spend $500 more for an IS38 plus IE IS38 file, since I already had their Stage 2 file and it was just a $350 upgrade. $500 was the price difference alltogether, since I already had spark plugs and some other stuff and bought all the components separately from ECS instead of in ECS’ kit and saved some money. Anyways, got the IS38 in with the tune file and oh my. From a 12.30 @ 110 with the unstacked IS20 went to an 11.77 @ 117 spinning a bit off the hole. So my question is, with the data below, would I be able to squeeze 1 more psi across the rpm range past 5K rpms if I stack it or should I just let it be as it is? Mind you that I live at about 125’ above sea level and the track sits at about 75’ above sea level. What is your (or anybody than can chime in) recommendation? Thank you again.

https://datazap.me/u/danelefren/ie-is38-stage-3?log=0&data=1-4